1.    #1  
    I am having a hard time cleaning up my email. It was pretty much crippling the palm-pre. Each time I would go into the email account, it would hang and take several minutes to recover. Since I had over 11,000 items in the trash, I tried to remove that, but it would not delete the items. Let me select the remove trash button, but it did nothing.. So I resorted to trying to remove the email account, that sort of worked. Trash was going but the account was still there. I just want to remove the account and start over.. but when I ask it to remove the account, it just sits there and spins for over an hour... Any suggestions before I get desperate and give it a labotomy.. thanks.
    Access your email through a computer and delete the trash items. This will fix the hanging issues you're experiencing with your devices memory. Do a battery pull while the device is on and try again to remove the account.
    Palm Pre Plus+ High-end User / UberKernel 1.4.5-119 (1Ghz Processor) overclocked
  3.    #3  
    k... went to my optonline account, removed all the trash, pulled the battery while it was up... Still just sits and spins while trying to delete the account.
    Leave it for a couple hours. It can really take that long.
    I have a dumb question why do you have 11000 pieces of email in your trash?????
    it will take a loooong time if you have lots of email and/or contacts...
  7.    #7  
    good question.. but that was what email was telling me, but I can't believe it was true. Now I will make sure it does not grow that big.
    When I went to the email provider, there was only a handful. All I could figure is that something must be turning the email into mush, cause when I opened email, it pretty much took the phone to it's knees.
  8.    #8  
    k.. its been running for 5 hours.. am I still being to impatient.. or is this thing just hung ?
    thanks.
    If you have any email patches try removing those.
  10.    #10  
    thanks.. deleted a couple of email patches.. started the account removal again... still can't understand how something so trivial can take so long... should take just a couple of minutes to remove an account.. or even less. Guess at this point I will let it run all night..
    Problems can also, sometimes, be cause by a corrupt email, even if it's been moved to the trash or another folder.

I had major lag issues and glitches anytime I sent or received something to/from my roommates yahoo account. I actually put a stop to his using it to send to the gmail account that comes to my Pre.

Just something else to check.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    well... the email account remove ran all night.. still not luck. Time to take some more drastic measures, whats the best way to flush this phone and start over ?
    thanks.
    Decided to overclock the pig.. after that the email account finally disappeared.. so looks like I am good now.. perhaps I will get some better performance out of the email.. thanks to everyone for there suggestions.
    Last edited by prherb; 11/02/2010 at 07:35 AM.