Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    While looking into HP's website about the Pre 2, I looked at "HP Trade-In" program for Pre info since HP has stated they will be selling some version of the Pre2 directly online.

    Here's the breakdown of the eligible trade-in allowances based upon model and condition (based upon US zipcode, in USD):

    Pre: Excellent = $42.00
    Pre: Good = $35.70
    Pre: Poor = $6.30

    Pre Plus (CDMA): Excellent = $68.00
    Pre Plus (CDMA): Good = $57.80
    Pre Plus (CDMA): Poor = $10.20

    Pre Plus (GSM): Excellent = $76.00
    Pre Plus (GSM): Good = $64.60
    Pre Plus (GSM): Poor = $11.40

    Information to date suggests HP will be selling only GSM online, so at least those with GSM will get the best prices.

    HP Trade-In Program
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 11/01/2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add link to HP Trade-In Program main page
    I see pandas.
  2.    #2  
    argh, see 1st post. =P
    I see pandas.
  3. #3  
    Meanwhile - HP UK site contains no phones in the "Products" area. Not a one. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

    Nor does HP France, and HP Germany mentions phones, but doesn't list any either.

    (sigh)
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  4. #4  
    I'd pay more than that for a good Pre Plus lol.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #5  
    I think I just keep mine thanks...
    At those prices what really would be the point...

    I know you not supposed to be able to sign into Palm Profile on more than one device but I wonder if its possible... I would love to just turn my Pre into a "iPhone touch" like device... Only Better!!
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  6. #6  
    hmm interesting my Pre is worth more as a trade in then when I bought it... To top that off my fiancees was free
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  7. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I think I just keep mine thanks...
    At those prices what really would be the point...

    I know you not supposed to be able to sign into Palm Profile on more than one device but I wonder if its possible... I would love to just turn my Pre into a "iPhone touch" like device... Only Better!!
    This may be what you're looking for...
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    hmm interesting my Pre is worth more as a trade in then when I bought it... To top that off my fiancees was free
    keep in mind that the trade value is toward an unsubsidized price, so it will still set you back hundreds. It woukd probably be worth more if you sold it on ebay...
  9. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post

    Kinda but I want to be able to play my paid apps on it as well... Im not sure if thats a complete solution as I will not be able to sign into my Palm Profile
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Kinda but I want to be able to play my paid apps on it as well... Im not sure if thats a complete solution as I will not be able to sign into my Palm Profile
    Could you turn off data after activation and then use it as a wifi only device? HardBeatZ was saying something in another forum about being able to be signed into two devices because one is not transmitting data to Palm through the cell network.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  11. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Could you turn off data after activation and then use it as a wifi only device? HardBeatZ was saying something in another forum about being able to be signed into two devices because one is not transmitting data to Palm through the cell network.
    If so that would be awesome! Just have to wait till addtnl WebOS devices hit Sprint to test that out! I wasnt sure if it would because it would still behave as a activated devices but I guess if I turn off the Evdo and the Phone Radio it would be ok.

    (Sorry for thread hijacking! )
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  12. #12  
    I would PM HardBeatZ to make sure before trying, I am sure there will be an entire thread dedicated to this when more webOS device become available.

    (Sorry for thread hijacking! )
    to get back to the topic, that is not even worth me trading in a CDMA Pre. I'll just keep it around as a fall-back device, when new hardware comes out..

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  13. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I think I just keep mine thanks...
    At those prices what really would be the point...

    I know you not supposed to be able to sign into Palm Profile on more than one device but I wonder if its possible... I would love to just turn my Pre into a "iPhone touch" like device... Only Better!!
    In my experience, it will still detect once you turn on wifi for a bit. I recommend just creating another profile. I have 3 so far...
  14. #14  
    Ok...This plan honestly sucks..42 dollars?..Are you kidden me? I paid $270+ for my Pre and its in top notch condition. Come on now..So, can i buy an unlocked version online from HP and have it not count again my Sprint account upgrade? That would be awesome if it doesnt cost a million dollars...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Ok...This plan honestly sucks..42 dollars?..Are you kidden me? I paid $270+ for my Pre and its in top notch condition. Come on now..So, can i buy an unlocked version online from HP and have it not count again my Sprint account upgrade? That would be awesome if it doesnt cost a million dollars...
    Unlocked = UMTS/GSM = doesn't work on Sprint.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Unlocked = UMTS/GSM = doesn't work on Sprint.
    Oh...Thanks!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  17. #17  
    man, they'd give me $70 for my pixi! That's more than the free I paid for it!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions