1. fib
    Hi guys,

Ever since getting the palm pre I've had nothing but problems. You all know what they are since you all have it.

Now my clock is displaying random times. I've tried turning off network time etc to no avail.

Late for work YET again due to this phone.
    I did a search but can't find a solution, a lot of people have this problem. Pulling the battery is NOT a solution, just a bandaid fix and the problem keeps coming back.

Anyone have a solution? I am afew inches away from jumping onto the iphone bandwagon.

Cheers,

fib.
    look for clock sync in the app catalog
    I agree w/ abegee
    the clock sync app is really helpful and requires no maintanence all you need to do is set times where it checks the network then fixes your time.
    and it does this all in the background.
    I'll tell ya one thing,i would never depend on any Phone to get me to work on time,and if I was,and it failed me once I would mostly go get a real alarm clock to use to get to work on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I'll tell ya one thing,i would never depend on any Phone to get me to work on time,and if I was,and it failed me once I would mostly go get a real alarm clock to use to get to work on time.
    Likewise. Even with all the technology I've got crammed around me, (far more than I should) I still keep a regular ol' alarm clock when I really have to be awake. Simply too much that can go wrong with a phone for it to be as dependable as the single-purpose device.

Traveling, on the other hand, a phone could be quite useful as an alarm clock in a pinch.

Oh, and to the OP, ClockSync works very well.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    +1 for Clock Sync
    That happened to me also. I use Clock Sync but also use the Timepiece app as my alarm now. Never been late since.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    It would be nice to think one unit of technology could do it all, but realistically, using a phone on a regular basis as an alarm clock?
    Quote Originally Posted by fib View Post
    Hi guys,

Ever since getting the palm pre I've had nothing but problems. You all know what they are since you all have it.

Now my clock is displaying random times. I've tried turning off network time etc to no avail.

Late for work YET again due to this phone.
    I did a search but can't find a solution, a lot of people have this problem. Pulling the battery is NOT a solution, just a bandaid fix and the problem keeps coming back.

Anyone have a solution? I am afew inches away from jumping onto the iphone bandwagon.

Cheers,

fib.
    No solution for you, but re-assurance that I have not had a hard time with this phone as you have. But believe that no boss will ever accept sorry im late becuase my phone had the wrong time. Your late... because you were late.

Traffic.. too bad, leave earlier to make time.
    Alarm didn't go off.. too bad, get another one to have a fail safe.
    All of the above and more is not your bosses problem.
    I'll have to agree with Klownicle on this one. I'm sorry that you're having this problem with your phone. There are a lot of suggestions in the thread, I hope one of them will work for you.

Note: We shouldn't have to rely on a app to make this possible, but unfortunately... there are no guarantee on these type of things.

Good luck.

[i]--Sent from my pre2
    My simple LG rumor (prior to my pre) performed flawlessly as an alarm clock. I've had too many instances of the pre clock stopping when the screen goes dark to ever trust this thing as an alarm clock or even to replace my Timex!! You would think since keeping time was something that was nailed down a looooooong time ago in the evolution of the mobile phone, that this should not be a problem. I love webos, but not being able to keep the right time???? That's just inexcusable.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Wow, I agree with pretty much everything posted so far! Go figure.

PalmOS devices NEVER gave me any issues as my alarm clock. webOS has a half a dozen times at least in over a year. Far too often.

Always have a backup alarm when I HAVE to be up (traveling, or at home).

Good luck fib, advice 'hear' is sound (get it - haha). This issue isn't enough for me to bail, but ultimately it's your call.