1.    #1  
    was messing around with the voltage trying to see whats the best for 800mhz. and i stay at fixed 800,,, I have a question the higher the voltage the faster the battery drains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    was messing around with the voltage trying to see whats the best for 800mhz. and i stay at fixed 800,,, I have a question the higher the voltage the faster the battery drains?

Here's an article on the subject. I'll attach an image of the author's recommended settings as well. Yeah, my understanding is that the lower the voltage the lower the battery drain, but if you go too low you get weird spots on the screen/crashes.

3.    #3  
    ok so i just set my voltage to what i seen here, i read the article but it didnt answer one of my question, using this set will it make my pre slower? i know its set up to save battery 1ghz/500ghz,,,will i have the speed of 1ghz? still
    the optimum voltage at 800mhz (or any speed) is going to be different for every pre. The lower the value voltage the better the battery life. At a certain "unknown" point the cpu will not be receiving enough voltage to operate properly. If you get lockups or pixel artifacts, increase the voltage until the problem goes away.
    Why am i struggling so hard to find this? I cannot ever get that Core Voltages screen to appear. My cpu frequency screen always shows the 'override parameters' with the vdd1 vsel numbers, and not this screen.
    I am creating a custom profile, and using Govnah 0.7.4 UberKernal 1.4.5-119. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    ok so i just set my voltage to what i seen here, i read the article but it didnt answer one of my question, using this set will it make my pre slower? i know its set up to save battery 1ghz/500ghz,,,will i have the speed of 1ghz? still
    No, not slower. It'll run at whatever you have it clocked at.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    Why am i struggling so hard to find this? I cannot ever get that Core Voltages screen to appear. My cpu frequency screen always shows the 'override parameters' with the vdd1 vsel numbers, and not this screen.
    I am creating a custom profile, and using Govnah 0.7.4 UberKernal 1.4.5-119. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    So it doesn't look like this?

Post a screen shot?
    the Frequency Selection has the Frequencies on the left,
    500000 Scaling Min Freq
    500000 Scaling Max freq

The override Parameters says:

69 66 65 60 48 36 30 VDI VSEL
    Then CPU HIGHTEMP ALARM,
    CPU Hightemp Reset, etc.

How do I get the voltages to appear in the override? Is this still only available in development kernels?
    the Frequency Selection has the Frequencies on the left,
    500000 Scaling Min Freq
    500000 Scaling Max freq

The override Parameters says:

69 66 65 60 48 36 30 VDI VSEL
    Then CPU HIGHTEMP ALARM,
    CPU Hightemp Reset, etc.

How do I get the voltages to appear in the override? Is this still only available in development kernels?
    So it sounds like it doesn't quite look like this either?

Weird. This might be over my head. I have Govnah version 0.7.4 from the webOS Internals feed (not a testing feed) and am running UberKernel 1.4.5-119, same feed. Sounds like you do too.

Are you running a screenstate governor? If not try that and see if anything's different.

If--When that doesn't work I'd uninstall govnah w/ preware and reinstall.

If THAT doesn't work I'd seek out an expert from webOS Internals or wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to come to this thread. Heh.

Good luck!

Oh! P.S. The VDI VSEL does refer to the voltage at various clock speeds so if you want you could change the numbers to the picture on the right for starters...

Edit: I'm curious about results so I'd appreciate you posting them here.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 10/31/2010 at 06:18 PM.
    The uninstall/reinstall worked! Thanks, Now I'll start tweaking to see if I can get better battery life.
    The uninstall/reinstall worked! Thanks, Now I'll start tweaking to see if I can get better battery life.
    Cool! Glad to hear it!