1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me? I would like to change from my old Treo 680 to a Palm Pre, but heard that it is complicated to transfer all my information and contacts. Do you know if it can be done? Is there a program that I can buy to do it?

Also, I often put a few tel numbers in one tel entry. Is that a problem?

Thank you!
    See if this link might assist you. How to Transfer Data From a Treo 755P to a Palm Pre | eHow.com.

Good luck.

[i]--Sent using my palm pre2.
    What are you currently using for your PIM's ?

If it's Palm Desktop or Outlook, I'd recommend Echo or Pocket Mirror.
    Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

I use Pocket Mirror for Contacts, Notes & ToDo. ( can also do diary, but see below)

I then use Google Calendar Sync to sync my Outlook dairy to my Pre via google calendar in the Clouds, which then lets me use the free webOS app Google Calendar Search to speed up searching the Pre calendar.

I did also use the PalmOS hotsync to sync between two PC's via my Pre, but HP-Palm has just taken that option away
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If that's true, can you talk to Rob W at webOS Internals , as he'd like to know what chip it's got.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    start here. If you want to sync once (transfer) use the free trial from companionlink to move info from palm desktop to your pre. If you want to keep syncing, you will need to buy it.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I found this after Verizon transfered over only my contacts.
    It's Palms own Data Transfer Utility.
    Palm - Run the Data Transfer Assistant for Windows
    It was helpful after I had to doctor my phone recently.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    dta is a bad idea because you DON't want your contacts in your palm profile. They are stuck there except from your phone. Read the link I posted above.
    If you have multiple email accounts and contact lists I would suggest opening a gmail account to sync your accounts. When you start your new account you have a onetime companionlink to move info from palm desktop to your pre. It worked very well for me when I got my Pre Plus and moved my account information from my Treo 755P. Best of luck!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post

Mine Is Sent Using My Palm Pre Too.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    dta is a bad idea because you DON't want your contacts in your palm profile. They are stuck there except from your phone. Read the link I posted above.
    That is a good point. I did not synch my contacts or my google calendar come to think of it. Just my memos and tasks.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)