1.    #1  
    i have a 1400mAh extended and im overlcoked to stock 1ghz.. overnight i dropped maybe 8-10% while sitting idle. id say that's pretty good but would it be considered normal for the pre?
    8 percent in what 8 hours?,thats not bad,,thats about right when not in use. That's about what I get with same battery. Fyi,,i am oc to 1g also
    ive noticed in areas with good coverage, battery drain is very minimal, yours is great fixxxer
    Palm prē-ist.
    I lose 10-15 % when I'm using data, about half that when talking.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    8 percent in what 8 hours?,thats not bad,,thats about right when not in use. That's about what I get with same battery. Fyi,,i am oc to 1g also
    yeah about 8-9 hours id say. seems like about 1% an hour to me. even when i use data it's not as bad as my hero was.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    ive noticed in areas with good coverage, battery drain is very minimal, yours is great fixxxer
    oh yeah in a bad coverage area, low signal my battery still drains alot more.
    yeah..in my house...my battery drains like 1% per hour because I have an airave in there. But when I'm at school, it drains at about 5 - 10% per hours.
    i have about the same battery drain as the OP.
    if my phone is off the charger overnight i lose about 10%
    but now i turn off data when i'm home and now it drains about 6-7%
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Just to have a spare I ordered a new standard battery off the HP website, at 2:30 pm CST yesterday afternoon I took it off a full charge. At 9 am CST this morning it was at 79% now that is just at idle on a 1 ghz overclock, I have the gps on and took only one phone call.

Going to test it normal work use today.
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.
    I have a 2300mAh extended battery. It's awesome. I've been messing around with my phone all day since 5:30am and it's now 12:30pm and I'm still at 60%. I've been using it intensively also.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Sounds about right.

Lookup the homebrew app Dr. Battery to test and recalibrate later if you suspect some aging or misreadings of the usage rates. Can be found in Preware apps.
    Even though this is an older thread waked up again:
    If you compare battery drain: please show your mA and not percentage.
    Imaging a 15% drain of an old palm battery (health e.g.70%) to 15% of a new mugen 1400mAh battery.
    Old palm = 120mA
    New Mugen = 210mAh
    So a device with an old Palm battery has 1/2 the drain of a device with the mugen at same percentage.
    For what its worth, and I don’t know how normal my small test was, but I posted some info I found a while back…

EDIT: assuming 10% = 95.5mAh on a bettery with 955mAh, I have edited the old post to show mAh... If this calc is wrong, let me know and I will correct it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I hadn't seen a comparison so I did a little research today. Mind you, my battery is from Aug of 2009 and is allegedly only at 83% of its full capacity according to Dr. Battery... Manufacturer Rating: 1150mAh, Calculated Left 955mAh....

Anyhow, I tested my Pre (-) under the following conditions...

Test 1 was no apps open, checking battery life every 10min for 60min.

Test 2 was running Angry Birds in the background with my messaging app running full screen. Again checking every 10min for 60 min. Had a bit of a hick-up as I had to use notes for a few min and take a picture.

Test 3 was actually playing Angry Birds for 38min.

Average results were:
    Test 1: (no apps)
    0.08% drain/min. (0.764 mAh/min.?)
    4.8% drain/hr. (45.84 mAh/hr.?)
    Estimated 20.83 hrs of standby.

Test 2: (AB in background)
    0.11% drain/min. (1.0505 mAh/min.?)
    6.6% drain/hr. (63.03 mAh/hr.?)
    Estimated 15.15 hrs of use under these circumstances.

Test 3: (Playing AB)
    0.71% drain/min. (6.7805 mAh/min.?)
    42.6% drain/hr. (406.83mAh/hr.?)
    Estimated 2.35hrs of use under these circumstances.

I was just curious how much a heavy battery muncher such as AB used in the background vs. playing vs. not open at all. Nothing earth shattering here, just thought I would share with everyone.

Edit: BTW only thing running in the background was default apps... 3 email accounts (1 set to check manualy and 2 set to "as items arrive") and I was running at Screestate 500/720.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-info.html
    Last edited by sinime; 03/01/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    So a device with an old Palm battery has 1/2 the drain of a device with the mugen at same percentage.
    Serious this?? Uau... I'm sad, because I was ready to buy one...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Serious this?? Uau... I'm sad, because I was ready to buy one...
    I really hope your post was a joke. A mugen 1400 is much better than an old palm oem one.
    This is only mathematics:
    New Mugen
    15% of 1400 = 210
    Old Palm
    15% of 805 = 120
    This was an example that comparing percentage is not the right way.

EDIT: The Mugen is the best known std sized extended Battery.
    Last edited by somline; 03/01/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    For what its worth, and I donít know how normal my small test was, but I posted some info I found a while backÖ

EDIT: assuming 10% = 95.5mAh on a bettery with 955mAh, I have edited the old post to show mAh... If this calc is wrong, let me know and I will correct it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-info.html
    Since you at least gave the health (Calculated Left 955mAh....) value, someone can calculate the real drain. But they have to know about it.
    Thanks.