Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone let me know how I can get my battery to last longer off of a charge?
    did you do a search? There are many threads dedicated to yr question.
    ...including a sticky thread dedicated to just such information.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Check out the sticky.

But also note that you might see little improvement, if any at all. Some people report their batteries lasting 24 hrs, however I'm lucky if I get 12. And if I'm playing H.A.W.X., a few hours at best.

I guess what I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for some insane battery savings!
    get the patch " Advanced launcher config patch" and you can turn off data usage real quick which is the main battery drain while not in use.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Last edited by BobKy; 11/15/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    If you have Preware installed, go to applications and install "NoDoze". I literally doubled mine.
    If your Pre is over a year old, it may just be time for a new battery. Slightly used or reconditioned OEM batteries can be had on Amazon for about $8. Best $8 I ever spent.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    If you have Preware installed, go to applications and install "NoDoze". I literally doubled mine.
    Out of all apps, how did Nodoze do that? Nodoze usually drains battery.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 10/30/2010 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    what is nodoze gonna do for my battery lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I dont know what it does. I actually just found it in a forum saying it saved batter, tried it, and it was a actually a pretty dramatic difference. I think the reason was it terminates the messaging app from drawing errors which drain battery. Dont quote me on that because um idk. Just try it out.
    no doze saves my battery also! Don't know why, but it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    no doze saves my battery also! Don't know why, but it works!
    How though?...Its suppose to use up your battery. The app is says that. Because it prevents the phone from going into sleep mode when you're using it.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    How though?...Its suppose to use up your battery. The app is says that. Because it prevents the phone from going into sleep mode when you're using it.
    That is the point. I documented this problem on two different threads: Pre will not sleep and Battery got you down? Try Nodoze.

Basically when the Pre tries to go to sleep it fails and retries and fails and ... well you get the point. Typical run times doing nothing with a 1000 mAh battery are 60 hours in Sleep mode, 15 hours awake with screen off, and 5 hours awake with screen on. If you have the sleep bug it is 4 hours, 15 hours, and 5 hours respectively.

So the phone being awake is the longest runtime we got. Hence you use Nodoze if your phone can't sleep correctly. But, you ONLY do this if you have the sleep bug.

I have not found what is keeping powerd from being able to sleep our phones correctly. I'm leaning towards a kernel/hardware bug with the TWL5030 board (power manager, realtime clock, the general purpose IO). I just don't have the skill to actually prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    That is the point. I documented this problem on two different threads: Pre will not sleep and Battery got you down? Try Nodoze.

Basically when the Pre tries to go to sleep it fails and retries and fails and ... well you get the point. Typical run times doing nothing with a 1000 mAh battery are 60 hours in Sleep mode, 15 hours awake with screen off, and 5 hours awake with screen on. If you have the sleep bug it is 4 hours, 15 hours, and 5 hours respectively.

So the phone being awake is the longest runtime we got. Hence you use Nodoze if your phone can't sleep correctly. But, you ONLY do this if you have the sleep bug.

I have not found what is keeping powerd from being able to sleep our phones correctly. I'm leaning towards a kernel/hardware bug with the TWL5030 board (power manager, realtime clock, the general purpose IO). I just don't have the skill to actually prove it.
    Yeah..I remember we were tackling that issue. But i have a new Pre now. I have terminal installed, but i dont get a sleep dialogue like before. Its just blank.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah..I remember we were tackling that issue. But i have a new Pre now. I have terminal installed, but i dont get a sleep dialogue like before. Its just blank.
    We have four Pre's in our family. Only mine has the sleep bug. But, it makes me feel worlds better now that I can have my phone on me for an entire work day without plugging it in. All by not letting it sleep. Now if someone could make a patch rather then use Nodoze. :-)

If the sleep bug does show up on your phone again I'd like to know what you were doing during the transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    simple solution is to calibrate the battery with dr.battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    We have four Pre's in our family. Only mine has the sleep bug. But, it makes me feel worlds better now that I can have my phone on me for an entire work day without plugging it in. All by not letting it sleep. Now if someone could make a patch rather then use Nodoze. :-)

If the sleep bug does show up on your phone again I'd like to know what you were doing during the transition.
    Yeah..I think it has something to do with how some apps operate.
    If you're pretty much following all the battery tips here: http://blog.treonauts.com/2009/06/palm-pre-battery-life-tips.html.

There isn't any other ways except to keep the phone charging while using it.

regards,
    [i]--Sent from my palm pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    simple solution is to calibrate the battery with dr.battery.
    Calibrating the battery does not increase battery life in any way, it just makes the battery gauge read more accurately.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast