Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also check out mode switcher. It is an amazing app that lets you define modes based on what YOU want the phone to do. If you dont require the data connection to be on at all times, disable it and only launch it when you open email, web, other apps (for example). I did that, and my battery lasts a very long time; and yes, calls and texts still do come in. I have it setup to enable data and check email every 15 mins, then turn off data.

You can program modes to run based on a charger condition (usb, touchstone, wall), time of day, and running of an app.

It is easy to follow and setup, and it truly helps TREMENDOUSLY with battery life.

Read this and learn a lot, http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...76#post2739276
    Alright, well instead of creating a new thread about battery issues, I'll see if this a common issue..

My phone battery drains fast, yeah yeah I can live with that.. its normal and im used to it.. BUT why does it always go to 0% when it reaches 20%? It skips the last 20% and goes straight to 0.. is there a cause for this??
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    2. Your webOS device suddenly drops from 20% to 0% and shuts down or the device still runs 1-2 hours at 0%
    This is the result of a "lying" battery.
    In the battery is a chip with a logic and memory which is telling the phone how much "juice" is left in the battery.
    If this memory is outdated the battery is thinking about still having power while it has not.
    Batteries are loosing capacity over the used time. The logic in the battery chip is monitoring charge circles and adjusting its info.
    Over the time and for some other reasons this info may not reflect the actual capacity.
    The solution is to update the info within the battery chip (recalibrating).
    You can calibrate using the app Dr.Battery
    Thank you !!
    So is there a fix to the sleep bug? This replacement pre I have didnt have any problems for months and months and now it has the sleep bug. I don't want a work-around like nodoze. Does doctoring it help at all?
    I think I read one member reported the doc solved it for him. I would def. Try it. For some there is no solution known jet.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Does doctoring it help at all?
    Doctoring just 1.4.5 did nothing for me. So I doctored to 1.4.0 and then 1.4.5 and ran all stock for a week without the bug. After that week ... the bug came back.
    I just make sure my GPS is turned off, and keep my screen at about 50% brightness.

I can get 16 hours of normal use, plus Pandora usage doing this.

I have the Seidio 1350 battery though. Stock would probably leak like a sieve.
    As an FYI, WebOS Doctor did not work for me.

I would like to get the phone replaced but I refuse to pay $100 deductible. It is a replacement refurbished phone that I've had for more than 90 days.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    If your Pre is over a year old, it may just be time for a new battery. Slightly used or reconditioned OEM batteries can be had on Amazon for about $8. Best $8 I ever spent.
    Just bought a new OEM battery from Amazon for $4.95. Having a launch day battery @ 80% health and no word for a Sprint Pre2 on the horizon it seemed too good to pass up. Cheap new headphones and power chords available there too.
    I also just got a brand new battery. It's an OEM from sprint store. The rep gave it to me for free after I overclocked his pre and showed him how to use themes (he did already have preware installed)

Cool guy.

Also, I got home from work after a 9 hour day, no charging. 5 texts, 2 phone calls, and 2 songs over 3g on pandora. Phone was still at 75%! Is my problems solved? Terminal still shows occasional wake-ups and shutdowns. It'll sleep for 5 minutes, then wakeup and sleep rapidly 2 - 5 times, sleep for 3 minutes, wakeup and sleep rapidly, etc. Is this normal behavior for wake on wlan and gps and what not?

Keep in mind I did just Doctor so maybe battery reading is not super accurate yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    I also just got a brand new battery. It's an OEM from sprint store. The rep gave it to me for free after I overclocked his pre and showed him how to use themes (he did already have preware installed)

Cool guy.

Also, I got home from work after a 9 hour day, no charging. 5 texts, 2 phone calls, and 2 songs over 3g on pandora. Phone was still at 75%! Is my problems solved? Terminal still shows occasional wake-ups and shutdowns. It'll sleep for 5 minutes, then wakeup and sleep rapidly 2 - 5 times, sleep for 3 minutes, wakeup and sleep rapidly, etc. Is this normal behavior for wake on wlan and gps and what not?

Keep in mind I did just Doctor so maybe battery reading is not super accurate yet.
    Percentage doesn't mean a whole lot. Use Dr. Battery and look at the actual "Capacity left" values. That will tell you how much 'juice' you used.

Also, you overclock. Are you using UberKernel v1.4.5-124? Because my wakeups went from 60 a minute to 60 over 3 hours with this new kernel. The exact same behavior that you mentioned above. Overall it looks like UK-124 is a bit better then Nodoze for me.

With Nodoze (and doing nothing) my phone drained at about 25 mA every hour. With UK-124 and turing off Nodoze it drains at around 20 mA every hour. Not as good as my wife's Pre ( 5 mA per hour ), the bug is still there, but it is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    Percentage doesn't mean a whole lot. Use Dr. Battery and look at the actual "Capacity left" values. That will tell you how much 'juice' you used.
    Thanks again arrasmith for helping me to convince this forum to not compare percentage anymore ;-)

EDIT: And interesting find with überkernel.
    Last edited by somline; 11/16/2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    And interesting find with überkernel.
    Does anyone have a detailed diff of the UK source code changes? Not the light version that is in the .ipk. But something with a lot more meat.

Because the interrupts look radically different with UK-124. Cause I'd like to figure out what in the world is going on with the sleep bug. Are all webos-internal kernels just patch variations upon the kernels from Palm? Because the patches committed to the git tree at webos-internals doesn't seem to have nearly enough variation to account for what I'm seeing.

Now onto install UK-119, UK-121, and UK-123 to "guess" at when a patch was inserted that helped with the sleep bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    Does anyone have a detailed diff of the UK source code changes? Not the light version that is in the .ipk. But something with a lot more meat.
    Should be here: git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/summary
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12