View Poll Results: Sprint users: What will you do if Sprint stops carrying WebOS devices completely?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will switch to Verizon, AT&T or some other carrier that does

27 40.91%
  • I will bide my time, until I can get my hands on a Pre 2 and Dr. it for Sprint

8 12.12%
  • I will keep checking eBay, Craigslist and the like, for cheap, replacement Pres or Pixis

2 3.03%
  • I will switch to an Android phone such as the EVO or the Epic

29 43.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Before I write anything, I want to make a request of the moderators... Please don't move this post to the obscure service provider category. Sprint users make up the vast majority of all WebOS users and are the most affected by the delay of new devices. Thank you for considering my request.

To my Sprint brethren... Whatever we may think of the Pre 2, it's not coming to Sprint. Period. In the mean time, anything that may be announced in January at CES is pure speculation, both that it exists and/or that it will come to Sprint.

Even if it does exist and does come to Sprint, it will likely be June before that happens, which presents it's own collection of problems.

But, what if it doesn't exist? Or, what if it doesn't come to Sprint? What will you do?
    Last edited by pelikan3; 10/30/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Goodness....Not this same topic again. Sprint carrying the phone doesnt really even depend on Sprint. It depends on what we the consumers want. Then if Sprint can make it happen, they can. Apparently, there isnt enough people storming Sprint for a new webos phone because the phone isnt even out yet in the US. Wait till next year before you start complaining.
    But I want it and I want it NOW Daddy!!
    If not, I will probably move to a carrier that offers a webOS, when my contract is up. I love sprints prices, and I really want to experience WiMax4G, but I certainly could benefit from using provider with better cover and better phones. I've been looking at Verizon. My company discount puts their prices near sprints (although w/o mobile2mobile or unlimited web). So that's probably where i'll go.
    Use my current phone until my two year contract is up and then consider moving. I don't see the benefit in moving to VZW, because they strip the Pre anyway. I also don't see getting a smart phone I'm not interested in just to keep a smart phone.

I'm disappointed that Sprint won't get the Pre2, but if they have the new WebOS device by the time my families 2 year contract expires, I'll get it. If they don't, this family of four smartphone users will shop around.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    But I want it and I want it NOW Daddy!!
    Dude, you,guyfromnam and Verwon are probably the most hilarious members on this site LOL. Guyfromnam always picks on Rush. Its the funniest. Whatever happened to DbD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Use my current phone until my two year contract is up and then consider moving. I don't see the benefit in moving to VZW, because they strip the Pre anyway. I also don't see getting a smart phone I'm not interested in just to keep a smart phone.

I'm disappointed that Sprint won't get the Pre2, but if they have the new WebOS device by the time my families 2 year contract expires, I'll get it. If they don't, this family of four smartphone users will shop around.
    Sprint didnt say they wont be getting the Pre 2. You all seem to forget how long it took Verizon and At&t to get the Pre Plus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Dude, you,guyfromnam and Verwon are probably the most hilarious members on this site LOL. Guyfromnam always picks on Rush. Its the funniest. Whatever happened to DbD.
    Some of the threads here are just too funny to take seriously, and I can't resist posting something that mocks what is being asked. Who cares what people do as far as carriers go?

As far as my post, you get the movie reference?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Goodness....Not this same topic again. Sprint carrying the phone doesnt really even depend on Sprint. It depends on what we the consumers want. Then if Sprint can make it happen, they can. Apparently, there isnt enough people storming Sprint for a new webos phone because the phone isnt even out yet in the US. Wait till next year before you start complaining.
    Actually, the Pre 2 IS out and we are complaining, yet they aren't carrying it. Nor did they carry the Pre or Pixi+ which came out just 6 short months after the Pre/Pixi -. You can't convince me that the demand wasn't there. Palm just wouldn't give it to them.

And, frankly, there weren't enough of the thousands of Pre and Pixi owners under Sprint, willing to cut off their noses to spite Sprint. And, they are right. I love WebOS. But, would I go to Verizon or AT&T and pay twice as much for my monthly plan to get the phone I really want? Or would I find comfort in something that has its own merits? Most likely the Later.

And, I MUST say... there are a LOT of really bored people sitting at there desks on a Saturday afternoon (besides me). Because I barely got through editing this post and there were half a dozen replies.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    pelikan3

aparently the consensus is that you need to switch carriers.

And if you happen to receive a nose via UPS you'll know that I've switched carriers.
    well if you not only look at the poll sprint put up (asking what OS should be supported) of course even now over 4k votes and over 60% state webos still. Then google looking at the forum all over sprint people are upset about sprint not wanting to carry the Pre2 at this point (as nothing is confermed yet). I did email the person who posted that poll on sprint, and he responded stating that poll was being watched by all the top execs, including Mr. Hesse himself. Sprint knows alot of customers still prefer Webos over all other OS's, so its really up to them to adhere to those customers. If not by offering the pre2, then atleast make an announcment stating that they will or wont be carring webos devices in the future. I for one have been with sprint over 12 years, and cant just up and leave with 6 lines, so if no webos phones anymore on sprint, then I will be supporting WP7. I had a G1(when it first launched) a Hero, and a Evo and personally Android is not for me.
    Some of the threads here are just too funny to take seriously, and I can't resist posting something that mocks what is being asked. Who cares what people do as far as carriers go?

She was a bad egg

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  13.    #13  

Obviously you don't see the value of a carrier. The two strongest realities of carriers are this:

1) All carriers suck, but some suck less than others,

2) It is ONLY your longevity with a carrier that buys you any leverage when you have a problem.

I've been with Sprint since that late 1990's, and, while they have not always been my favorite people, and sometimes I've had to **** serious heads with them to get them to fix a problem, the ONLY reason why I have gotten what I wanted was because they looked at my account and saw how long I have been with them.

So, at least for some, it's a very legitimate question to ask. Would you leave your carrier, and the leverage you may have, and pay more money (in most cases) for less service, just to get a WebOS phone? Find some way to keep a WebOS device on your Sprint account? Or jump ship to a different technology?

Hahahaha. I know I know. Nah, i didnt get the movie reference.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Ah, we have a winner, d1sturbd
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Actually, the Pre 2 IS out and we are complaining, yet they aren't carrying it. Nor did they carry the Pre or Pixi+ which came out just 6 short months after the Pre/Pixi -. You can't convince me that the demand wasn't there. Palm just wouldn't give it to them.

And, frankly, there weren't enough of the thousands of Pre and Pixi owners under Sprint, willing to cut off their noses to spite Sprint. And, they are right. I love WebOS. But, would I go to Verizon or AT&T and pay twice as much for my monthly plan to get the phone I really want? Or would I find comfort in something that has its own merits? Most likely the Later.

And, I MUST say... there are a LOT of really bored people sitting at there desks on a Saturday afternoon (besides me). Because I barely got through editing this post and there were half a dozen replies.
    Stop making assumptions lol...You make an.....Its not out in the U.S yet. Its out in France. You know you've have had to pay full price for the Pre Plus anyways lol, because it came out before most contracts ran out and if you would have waited till June to get the Pre Plus, and the Pre 2 came out this November, you'll then have to wait till next June to get it lol. So, how about just pretending you did that?

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Obviously you don't see the value of a carrier. The two strongest realities of carriers are this:

1) All carriers suck, but some suck less than others,

2) It is ONLY your longevity with a carrier that buys you any leverage when you have a problem.

I've been with Sprint since that late 1990's, and, while they have not always been my favorite people, and sometimes I've had to **** serious heads with them to get them to fix a problem, the ONLY reason why I have gotten what I wanted was because they looked at my account and saw how long I have been with them.

So, at least for some, it's a very legitimate question to ask. Would you leave your carrier, and the leverage you may have, and pay more money (in most cases) for less service, just to get a WebOS phone? Find some way to keep a WebOS device on your Sprint account? Or jump ship to a different technology?
    Only the carriers may care, I for one could care less what carrier you have or why you switched carriers. If you want to go with a more expensive carrier just to get a particular phone then go, we don't need to know about your choices in life. I don't post about what toilet paper I use because it feels more comfortable when I'm wiping over other toilet paper brands.
    Ah, we have a winner, d1sturbd
    LOL..Didnt see that one.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    So... exactly where did you get the information to say its not going to Sprint? Dan Hesse seems to want it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast