View Poll Results: Sprint users: What will you do if Sprint stops carrying WebOS devices completely?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will switch to Verizon, AT&T or some other carrier that does

27 40.91%
  • I will bide my time, until I can get my hands on a Pre 2 and Dr. it for Sprint

8 12.12%
  • I will keep checking eBay, Craigslist and the like, for cheap, replacement Pres or Pixis

2 3.03%
  • I will switch to an Android phone such as the EVO or the Epic

29 43.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    @pelikan3

My apologies to you for my rude, uncalled for postings. Had a good Halloween, Florida/Georgia weekend buzz going and was not myself.
    quote:
    Poor. quality. is. what. killed. the. Pre. Quote ends..

(True, but that will soon be forgotten). I believe hp|palm is now aware of that, and won't make that mistake again.

[i]-- Sent from my palm pre
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    @pelikan3

My apologies to you for my rude, uncalled for postings. Had a good Halloween, Florida/Georgia weekend buzz going and was not myself.
    Apology accepted.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    For the sake of sticking with the question, if Sprint chooses not to carry any more webOS devices, I will go ahead and look for another device. I will not leave Sprint. They have been good to me.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    As much as I love WebOS, I finally had my fill with the hardware issues on my Pre minus. My choices were down to getting another refurb or upgrading to a new phone on Sprint (I won't switch carriers, my per-month cost is very reasonable with Sprint). So with a heavy heart I got an Epic 4g. I figure this will give me a year with an amazing device during which HP has plenty of time to get a new superphone out on my carrier. If there's a new webOS device on Sprint when my next upgrade is available, I'm switching back immediately.

Meanwhile I'm keeping my Pre minus active as a developer device to test updates to my existing apps and the new one I'm planning to write in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    As much as I love WebOS, I finally had my fill with the hardware issues on my Pre minus. My choices were down to getting another refurb or upgrading to a new phone on Sprint (I won't switch carriers, my per-month cost is very reasonable with Sprint). So with a heavy heart I got an Epic 4g. I figure this will give me a year with an amazing device during which HP has plenty of time to get a new superphone out on my carrier. If there's a new webOS device on Sprint when my next upgrade is available, I'm switching back immediately.

Meanwhile I'm keeping my Pre minus active as a developer device to test updates to my existing apps and the new one I'm planning to write in the near future.
    Just wondering, how many replacements of the Original Pre did you have?
    Just wondering, how many replacements of the Original Pre did you have?
    I was on my fourth Pre.

Short rundown of the history in case anyone's interested :

#1 - Launch day - lasted about 8 weeks, crack at USB port.
    #2 - Refurb #1 - arrived with non-working space bar, immediately sent back.
    #3 - Refurb #2 - lasted approximately 6 months, power button stuck.
    #4 - Refurb #3 - two dead pixels, one strange pressure-spot on the back of the screen at the lower left that creates a ripple pattern when I slide the Pre open/closed and a bum radio that can't seem to hold a consistent signal (constantly flailing between full bars, 1 bar, no bars, EV, 1x, no signal). I still have this device, they offered another refurb but I just didn't feel like rolling the dice again.

I really wish I could have had a perfect Pre from day one. I loved that phone, I still love that phone. My frustration finally got the better of me and I caved.

Saddest part is, my girlfriend got a launch-day Pre with me and hers has been just shy of perfect this entire time. A month or so ago she developed the stuck power button issue and she doesn't want to take it in for a refurb because she's afraid she'll get a worse phone than she has now. Ugh.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234