View Poll Results: Sprint users: What will you do if Sprint stops carrying WebOS devices completely?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will switch to Verizon, AT&T or some other carrier that does

27 40.91%
  • I will bide my time, until I can get my hands on a Pre 2 and Dr. it for Sprint

8 12.12%
  • I will keep checking eBay, Craigslist and the like, for cheap, replacement Pres or Pixis

2 3.03%
  • I will switch to an Android phone such as the EVO or the Epic

29 43.94%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Whatever happened to DbD.
    That guy's an *****.

Never liked him and his nonsense.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Excellent point! We have seen thread after thread on Sprint not updating the webOS devices but no confirmation that they are not going to carry the Pre 2. Sprint themselves have had polls and admitted that they are still reviewing their future Palm & HP devices.
    Maybe I'm missing something about the semantics of the IT business. Perhaps you can explain to me how various correspondences between users, HPalm and Sprint as well as publications in online magazines, such as "engadget", each specifically stating that Sprint isn't going to carry the Palm Pre 2, and has no future plans to carry WebOS devices (please search Google, this site, and others to find those things) isn't an indication that they aren't going to carry it?

If anything changes, it will (ONLY) be because enough of the thousands of Sprint Pre owners, yelled loud and long enough, to change their minds, not because it was their original intent. And, I do believe that could happen. The same thing happened after the HP merger (buyout). HP was pretty clear that they bought Palm for bigger and better things (i.e., WebOS tablet devices and enabled printers), and had no interest in making SmartPhones. But, enough yelling made them back-track and say, "Of COURSE we'll be making SmartPhones, it was part of our plan all along!" Liars.

Sorry to seem bitter. I'm an opening day adopter on Pre number 10. I do think that Sprint and HPalm owe us better, and sooner. And, that HP started out with their own agenda (i.e., wireless printers and tablet devices), rather than their customers, is frustrating.
    Last edited by pelikan3; 11/01/2010 at 08:15 PM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    if sprint doesn't get the pre2 or another webos device ill simply switch back to android. there are plenty of awesome droid phones coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    if sprint doesn't get the pre2 or another webos device ill simply switch back to android. there are plenty of awesome droid phones coming soon.
    To sprint? Can you tell me what they are. I'm pretty much set on getting an epic in a couple weeks but I may hold off if a better option is not that far away.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    To sprint? Can you tell me what they are. I'm pretty much set on getting an epic in a couple weeks but I may hold off if a better option is not that far away.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    do a google search, too many to list. they have an evo type phone coming with a keyboard and several others. the desire hd is highly rumored too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    No, that was the girl who wanted a Golden Egg, and she wanted it now.
    She was sent to the bad egg place (trash).

"She was a bad egg....."

. . . Gene Wilder (aka Willy Wonka)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    update on the sprint poll:

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

Total Votes: 4,069
    Leave a comment on this poll. Add a comment

funny all the Android phones out there on sprint, and the options and not even just this poll but even things like laptopmag.com competition months ago still show that people prefer Webos, and sometimes the Palm Pre over all these other Android phones. I did send the editor of this poll a email, and he responded stating all exects up to Mr.Hesses is aware of this poll, so hopefully sprint wakes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

funny all the Android phones out there on sprint, and the options and not even just this poll but even things like laptopmag.com competition months ago still show that people prefer Webos, and sometimes the Palm Pre over all these other Android phones. I did send the editor of this poll a email, and he responded stating all exects up to Mr.Hesses is aware of this poll, so hopefully sprint wakes up.
    sprint won't care about an online poll. they care about what sells atm.

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

It's more likely that the Android community is out enjoying their phones than sitting online trying to artificially beef up some stupid online poll that is meaningless to real life.

sprint won't care about an online poll. they care about what sells atm.
    I agree with you but I would take that "atm" out.
    They care about what sells. Just like any company.
    It isn't like the Pre didn't sell for Sprint. Until the EVO came along it sold more around launch than any phone had before. Poor marketing and lack of webOS training were key factors in the Pre not being more popular.

Sprint has not said yes or no to HP webOS. Let's try and be a little more patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

I agree with you but I would take that "atm" out.
    They care about what sells. Just like any company.
    no they care about what sells the best for them. android is their top seller atm. the majority of the phones they currently carry and will soon to be carrying is all android phones. they know whats hot right now.

this is one reason they will not carry the pre2. they probably want to see how well it does on other carriers first.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    It isn't like the Pre didn't sell for Sprint. Until the EVO came along it sold more around launch than any phone had before. Poor marketing and lack of webOS training were key factors in the Pre not being more popular.
    Poor. quality. is. what. killed. the. Pre.

This community has to stop making the standard excuses.
    I saw more Palm/Webos commercials back then than I saw Android.

50% of people having to replace their Pre is what killed it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...you-had-9.html
    Just one link of hundreds and hundreds
    no they care about what sells the best for them. android is their top seller atm. the majority of the phones they currently carry and will soon to be carrying is all android phones. they know whats hot right now.

this is one reason they will not carry the pre2. they probably want to see how well it does on other carriers first.
    Sounds like a sound and reasonable company.
    Poor. quality. is. what. killed. the. Pre.
    +1

remember Sprint put this poll up for a reason, so obviously regardless of whats selling now, they still want to continue to keep phones that are in demand. Ive been with Sprint for over 12 years, and this isnt the first time they have had a poll like this, and when they did the others times they did try and offer those certain OS's based upon Polls like these. We all know the the popularity of phones can shift like the stock market, so its only smart to see what current customers are interested in having now and in the future, especially when your the #3 carrier, and just finally posted customer subscriber increases.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 10/31/2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Also im pretty sure Sprint is asking themselves why their CDMA compeitor Verizon is jumping aboard to offer this model, when the Plus version not only didnt sell well at all with them, but it also cost them alot of overstock.
    remember Sprint put this poll up for a reason, so obviously regardless of whats selling now, they still want to continue to keep phones that are in demand. Ive been with Sprint for over 12 years, and this isnt the first time they have had a poll like this, and when they did the others times they did try and offer those certain OS's based upon Polls like these. We all know the the popularity of phones can shift like the stock market, so its only smart to see what current customers are interested in having now and in the future, especially when your the #3 carrier, and just finally posted customer subscriber increases.
    Their reasoning could simply be the psychology of asking.
    Makes the consumers think they have a say.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/31/2010 at 02:42 PM.
    I know this is a "what if" question, but the only way Sprint would not get more WebOS devices is if HPalm decides to not be a major player in the mobile OS / Hardware arena.

At this moment in time, there are still two separate sides to the biz; consumers and enterprises. RIM owns enterprises cause they make both OS and HW and were focused only on the enterprise. Apple owns the consumer space for the same reasons on the consumer side.

People are in both groups at the same time, so what we need is a company that:
    • Is strong in both consumer and enterprise
    • Has enough money to invest and market
    • Like RIM and Apple, makes both OS and HW.
    • Unlike RIM and Apple, OS is open and easy for Devs
    Man, if there were just a company that could do all that! ...wait! yes...HPalm.

So, again, if HPalm just does what it should there's a strong chance you won't be able to find a carrier that doesn't have many WebOS devices. If they don't, you probably won't find many carriers that will have...in that case you won't want one either.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Their reasoning could simply be the psychology of asking.
    Makes the consumers think they have a say.
    your absolutly correct, I'm just speaking off of experiance, and since ive been with sprint they have had 3 of these that I can recall.
    ok I agree the droid has some nice hardware but what about software? To me droid compared to webos is like comparin the pirates to the yankees...webos just kills it imo.
  20.    #60  
    Also im pretty sure Sprint is asking themselves why their CDMA compeitor Verizon is jumping aboard to offer this model, when the Plus version not only didnt sell well at all with them, but it also cost them alot of overstock.
    I'm stunned Verizon is jumping aboard, AND that HP is even letting them, considering how completely they failed the Pre/Pixi + series. If many of the posts here are an indication, those were nothing more than a bait-and-switch to get people in the door and sell them Android. Why would this be any different? Especially since, as one user stated, most Verizon WebOS customer's aren't up for an upgrade at this time, and the Pre 2 isn't that definitive a jump from the Plus series.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast