View Poll Results: Sprint users: What will you do if Sprint stops carrying WebOS devices completely?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will switch to Verizon, AT&T or some other carrier that does

27 40.91%
  • I will bide my time, until I can get my hands on a Pre 2 and Dr. it for Sprint

8 12.12%
  • I will keep checking eBay, Craigslist and the like, for cheap, replacement Pres or Pixis

2 3.03%
  • I will switch to an Android phone such as the EVO or the Epic

29 43.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Holy....Lol. I saw that when i was a kid. I can barely remember a thing from it. Except for the umper lumper and the song haha.

OH WAIT!...That was from the kid that turned into chocolate right?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    No, that was the girl who wanted a Golden Egg, and she wanted it now.
    She was sent to the bad egg place (trash).
    I don't want the pre 2 .. So I'm glad sprint not getting it. Hp know wheres the main Pre users at so they will give us something. Better. So we can say ' My New HP Phone, Better Than Your Old Pre 2'
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    So... exactly where did you get the information to say its not going to Sprint? Dan Hesse seems to want it.
    Exactly the point im trying to make too lol.

No, that was the girl who wanted a Golden Egg, and she wanted it now.
    She was sent to the bad egg place (trash).
    Oh lol. I see!

I would get it just for the Gorilla glass screen, no more scratch magnet.
    I would get it just for the Gorilla glass screen, no more scratch magnet.
    Yes. That and the Processor!...Well, thats all we've got anyways lol.

I feel like all these Sprint-Pre2 threads need to be merged into one, its just getting annoying now
    It's known as "Silly Season" but this is a bit much considering the design is almost the same and the operating system is just an upgrade.
  10.    #30  
    Several of the tch mag posts including Engadget, I believe. Also user correspondance with Sprint and HP.

QUOTE=manordwall;2738390]So... exactly where did you get the information to say its not going to Sprint? Dan Hesse seems to want it.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I feel like all these Sprint-Pre2 threads need to be merged into one, its just getting annoying now
    ... Don't say that.. We need to express our feelings, likes, and dislikes. Which better place to do it ~ than here.

I love the pre2 comments > very interesting. Now, when 2.0 comes out there will be a whole lot of threads for that.

regards,

[i]--Sent from my pre2
    I'll most likely not leave Sprint, however I really really want them to pick up a new Web OS device when available. Not just the Pre2 as I dont care much for it, but when HP releases different devices next year.

If they do not I'll probably find myself with an Android phone and be a bit less pleased as a customer.
  13.    #33  
    Again, asking the largest user base of WebOS phones, what they would do if no new WebOS phones comes to their provider, is, I think, a very legitimate question.

And, I didn't post this thread because I wanted to see how many people would vote the way I vote. I did it because I really am interested to see which way the majority would go. I'm just, personally, not one that would leave Sprint over this, no matter how much I would miss the Pre. If the majority would, and that works for them, that's cool.

I've been with Sprint for about 14 years, and I know for a fact that some pretty serious hardware, billing and service issues have been resolved in my favor due to my longevity.

If you tend to use providers like toilets, as you so aptly put it, then this type of relationship doesn't matter to you, and there is a Polling option for you. But, that also tells you why things may not go your way, if you have a serious hardware, billing, or service issue with your new provider.

Only the carriers may care, I for one could care less what carrier you have or why you switched carriers. If you want to go with a more expensive carrier just to get a particular phone then go, we don't need to know about your choices in life. I don't post about what toilet paper I use because it feels more comfortable when I'm wiping over other toilet paper brands.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Your fourth choice should have been different.
    It may be a while before we actually know if Sprint is going to get a Webos device again and by then there will be a new line of android phones out.

The Evo is 6 months old...by CES 2011 it will be out of date and by this coming summer there will be a new generation of phones to buy for Sprint.
    The prices on Sprint are enough to keep me here, webOS or not. I would probably go to WP7 or back to a Bold if they don't get any new webOS hardware. Android doesn't really appeal to me, as much as I've wanted it to. I play with it everytime I get into a phone store, and it has always made me very happy with my Pre or BlackBerry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ypwandrews View Post
    The prices on Sprint are enough to keep me here, webOS or not. I would probably go to WP7 or back to a Bold if they don't get any new webOS hardware. Android doesn't really appeal to me, as much as I've wanted it to. I play with it everytime I get into a phone store, and it has always made me very happy with my Pre or BlackBerry.
    Ding ding.
    I'll take my $150 / month plan for four phones with unlimited everything over a specific phone preference.

Phones last at absolute most two years now. [Not talking about Pre quality because then it's about a month]
    I'd rather save $50 or so a month and deal with a different phone for the next year.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Your fourth choice should have been different.
    It may be a while before we actually know if Sprint is going to get a Webos device again and by then there will be a new line of android phones out.

The Evo is 6 months old...by CES 2011 it will be out of date and by this coming summer there will be a new generation of phones to buy for Sprint.
    I agree, but I didn't really have anything else to work with other than those two. So I put "such as" and figured this opened the door to change.

What I should have really done, is listed just a few alternative OS's, such as Android, Windows Mobile 7, or Blackberry.

So... since I can't change the 4th option, go ahead and include Windows Mobile or whatever other smartphone OS in there that you like.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Goodness....Not this same topic again. Sprint carrying the phone doesnt really even depend on Sprint. It depends on what we the consumers want. Then if Sprint can make it happen, they can. Apparently, there isnt enough people storming Sprint for a new webos phone because the phone isnt even out yet in the US. Wait till next year before you start complaining.
    Excellent point! We have seen thread after thread on Sprint not updating the webOS devices but no confirmation that they are not going to carry the Pre 2. Sprint themselves have had polls and admitted that they are still reviewing their future Palm & HP devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Sorry for the duplicate post!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Then I move to another device. Unless Sprint seriously jacks their rates, I won't pay "extra" just to have webOS.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast