1.    #1  
    just bought palm pre plus. How can I add a contact to a calendar reminder such that I can call them when the alarm trigggers?
    It's a stretch, but you could try putting the callto:// tag in the event.

Idk, I've never tried it.
    You could use the Event title and make it the phone number you need to call. When the reminder pops up, open it and then click the title to open the Phone app with the number "pre" filled in.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    It's a stretch, but you could try putting the callto:// tag in the event.

Idk, I've never tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You could use the Event title and make it the phone number you need to call. When the reminder pops up, open it and then click the title to open the Phone app with the number "pre" filled in.
    Both ways work great!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Both ways work great!
    Actually now that i think about it, having that tag is redundant as the phone turns any comparable string of numbers into a phone number.
    Yep just tried that as well.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I was thinking about this yesterday. Do you think it would be possible to copy that callto:// into a different function which would look for Tues, Tue. 28th, July, etc and turn it into a hyperlink to activate a small program.

This program could even be sceneless and just take the page or email or whatev and copy it into your calendar somehow...I am ruminating on this
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I just put a hyperlink for a website and it opened it when I clicked it from the calendar app.
    I have tried adding hyperlinks and it never works. What did you do differently?

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    What I was trying to accomplish was to put the names/companies of clients on my calendar and be able to link to the respective target site without adding the entire URL in the event notes. Is this possible? I am so obsessed about the way my calendar looks and it has bothered me for months. Is there any Calendar app that can do what I am inquiring? Thanks for the response.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    I would think one of the problems would be how woud the calendar or any other app know what website to go to just by having a company name or client name. I just tested an idea I had, I pit the hyperlink in location and when the event popped up clicked on the link in the location field and it took me to the website. Now what would be idea is to be able to draw the url information from the contact app.