1.    #1  
    I was just in class sitting there, bored out of my mind, so I decided to take out my Palm and look at some stuff on the internet (cracked.com).

I clicked on the wrong bookmark, and decided to close the internet down, and restart it. The Web wouldnt come back up, nor would my power button work. I decided to do the reset method with the power button and volume switch. It worked. My phone came back on...but I lost every App that I had downloaded. Preware, Uberkernal, and Govnah are also missing. I had a few paid apps that are missing too.

My theme and all of the patches that I have installed are still intact. I'm going to run a doctor when I get home. Anyone else had this problem? Or am I alone? After I doctor, will my apps come back? Specifically Angry Birds, Nova, and Cloud Hopper? Or am I out of luck?
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    you should use the save/restore app and then use the preware app to update saved package list next time just in case this happens again. But your best bet is to loa did preware and install the emergency patch recovery patch to remove all patches . And then just do a partial erase . All your apps that you've paid for will load back on after you log back into your profile . But do this before your phone does the automatically backs up tonight. Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I turned off my auto back up, to avoid that scenario

4.    #4  
    well, nevermind. I can't. Fuaaa

what's wrong ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    nothing. It just won't let me turn off back up without backing up,i believ it said. So I'm just going to turn my phone off. This was a weird problem. Lol

7.    #7  
    I just doctored. It's now telling me that my data cant be restored... what is going on?

Data not restoring could be the result of a few things

1. Poor signal area (data connection is poor)
    2. Corrupted records

If you have a good signal and are still having a problem restoring the data try contacting Palm directly. If you have been backing up with the Palm profile we can attempt to push an older data set to your device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Spaced xX View Post
    I was just in class sitting there, bored out of my mind, so I decided to take out my Palm and look at some stuff on the internet (cracked.com).

I clicked on the wrong bookmark, and decided to close the internet down, and restart it. The Web wouldnt come back up, nor would my power button work. I decided to do the reset method with the power button and volume switch. It worked. My phone came back on...but I lost every App that I had downloaded. Preware, Uberkernal, and Govnah are also missing. I had a few paid apps that are missing too.

My theme and all of the patches that I have installed are still intact. I'm going to run a doctor when I get home. Anyone else had this problem? Or am I alone? After I doctor, will my apps come back? Specifically Angry Birds, Nova, and Cloud Hopper? Or am I out of luck?
    Same thing happened to my girlfriends Pre today. She lost all her pics, vids, ringtones etc., though. She said it pretty much did a Master Reset by itself. Patches still there, but Preware and Govnah is gone. Did you lose all media too?
  10.    #10  
    Yeah. I lost all of my media. I doctored it, and all of my stuff came back...minus Preware and media. I had to put that back on, of course.

jeez is this a known issue?!
    I had a similar issue on my kids pre, I tried installing Uberkernal and it failed so I did a battery pull ( probably shouldn't have ) the phone came on minus all installed app, afte a half hour I restarted again, and this time all my apps came back