Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a palm pre and I overclocked it but I was wondering what was the best govnah profile to run for the best uberkernel experience

thanks
    everyone will give u a different answer to this question. It really does depend on you and what your phone likes. Theres not just one "magical" profile that you can set up that will work across the board for everyone. Just experiment and see what works best for you.....Good Luck!
    I stick with the 800mhz steady. There isnt really a noticeable difference from 800mhz to 1Ghz to me. And I havent had any luck with the 500mhz/800mhz screen state thing...it seems like it got stuck on 500mhz after you wake it up. But that could be my isolated experience.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I'm just doing screenstate 500/1000 until I have time to sit down and customize it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I'm using uberkernal right now, then sometimes I'm running thunderchief 1ghz.. Both seem to be awesome kernels.(IMO)
    I settled on screenstate 500/1000, works very well for me with no overheating problems.
  7.    #7  
    ok thanks guys and how is the battery life on the screenstate 500/800?
    That really depends on your battery health, but it's going to be lower than running your Pre at 500. I would recommend just trying it out when you're going to be near a charger for a few hours.
    i run a screen state 1ghz/250mhz w/ tweaked voltage settings.
    i set the voltage values as low as i could but not so low that i crash my pre.
    seems to get really good battery llife
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanguerrero View Post
    i run a screen state 1ghz/250mhz w/ tweaked voltage settings.
    i set the voltage values as low as i could but not so low that i crash my pre.
    seems to get really good battery llife
    Yeah. One of these days, you're going to wake up and your Pre will be off. Then you're going to try turning it back on, then it will flash a battery sign. Then after you finally turn it on, you're going to realize that all your app data, email accounts and more is gone. 250mz isn't stable. Hence Palm didn't use it.
    Screenstate 1000/500 for me, 250 kept making my phone crash.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah. One of these days, you're going to wake up and your Pre will be off. Then you're going to try turning it back on, then it will flash a battery sign. Then after you finally turn it on, you're going to realize that all your app data, email accounts and more is gone. 250mz isn't stable. Hence Palm didn't use it.
    I've been using 250/1000 for some time. Seems stable, but if 250 is not a good speed, would 125/1000 be OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    it seems pretty fine with me so far. i've had it set to this for a few weeks now, no ill effects yet.
    just testing different settings to reach optimal battery life and performance.
    i just hope i didn't jinx myself just now. lol.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Best bet is to just test and see what feels right for you. It will take up to a month to actually get the best performance and saver for your battery. Here are my specs that are custom but are limited based on the user needs.

Govrernor: 500/1000
    Core Voltages: 73 66 65 60 48 36 30 (Will be changed in 5 minutes after this post is done)
    Temp Limit: 45 C
    Temp Reset: 40 C
    Batt Low Thresh 25%
    Batt Low Speed: 600 MHz
    Override Charger: True
    Compcache Enabled: False
    Compcache Memlimit: 16mb (Hence the compcache is disabled)
    Palm Pre Plus+ High-end User / UberKernel 1.4.5-119 (1Ghz Processor) overclocked
    I've been running 125/800 screenstate. I tried running 1000 for a short time but it seemed to be causing issues with my cell radio opperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I've been running 125/800 screenstate. I tried running 1000 for a short time but it seemed to be causing issues with my cell radio opperation.
    How so? Can you explain this issue for everyone to know why 1000 should not be ran based on radio use?
    Palm Pre Plus+ High-end User / UberKernel 1.4.5-119 (1Ghz Processor) overclocked
    I've been playing with the 'conservative' govenor all weekend, worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I've been playing with the 'conservative' govenor all weekend, worth a try.
    I won't be, come Nov. 2nd

;-)
    I can't get change profile settings in Govnah. Regardless of which profile I choose, the setting remains on Palm Default. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhartsel View Post
    I can't get change profile settings in Govnah. Regardless of which profile I choose, the setting remains on Palm Default. Any ideas?
    Did you restart your phone after installing Uber?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast