1.    #1  
    Well, FedEx dropped off the Pre(s) at the house at 1:39PM and the wife has dutifully got them charging. I've been digging through the newbie guide and in fact have been on this forum over a year. I have already downloaded the stuff I will need to install preware (WebOS Quick Install, current WebOS doctor) but that will probably have to wait for Friday evening after beers. I've been reading the must have apps thread and such as well. All that and search not withstanding I have a couple very basic questions I haven't found an answer for:

1. How long for the initial charge?
    2. Can I start setting up things while it is still charging
      or wait till full battery sometime tomorrow
    Well..it shouldnt take till tomorrow before it finishes...it should take a couple of hours...2 hours maybe..So,i guess you should start setting up.
  3.    #3  
    Hey, great to hear! I would have thought it would take longer. Now I might have to duck out of work early.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    I got a refurb not too long ago and it had an outdated version of webOS on it. It's good you've got the current Dr. Dl'ed, but also make sure to click the "Update" app in the launcher to make sure the phones have the latest version on them.
    if you do a lot of downloading while charging, it can run a bit hot...

the best cure is turn off the gps and data radio, and use wifi for downloads.

I hope you bought a touchstone, too.
    (sigh) I guess I'm really out of touch. I have not bought a touchstone.... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    (sigh) I guess I'm really out of touch. I have not bought a touchstone.... LOL
    Well, here are a few links that will help you solve that no Touchstone issue. They are well worth having.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...le-9-99-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...adioshack.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tone-back.html
    noco37, LOL! I may just do that since they are so cheap. I've never really thought I needed one. I have 3 power cords (one that is plugged in by my bedside and one in the computer at work) and then my car charger. Plus I have 1 extra battery.
    Congratulations on your new Pre. Mine arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    noco37, LOL! I may just do that since they are so cheap. I've never really thought I needed one. I have 3 power cords (one that is plugged in by my bedside and one in the computer at work) and then my car charger. Plus I have 1 extra battery.
    There is no need, but damn does it step up the Palm Pre experience. I have a few at home and one at work. It is so nice to just sit at my desk and drop the phone on the TS and when I get up just grab it from there. No need to mess with cables and that little USB door.
    the touchstone will be great for taking advantage of the 'exhibition' feature of webOS 2.0
    Didnt mean to post this in here, sorry.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you do a lot of downloading while charging, it can run a bit hot...

the best cure is turn off the gps and data radio, and use wifi for downloads.

I hope you bought a touchstone, too.
    I got the package deal through hp.com The main line included a touchstone + back + leather case (meh) + car charger for free. I think a couple radio shacks near where my sister lives (750 miles away) still shows touchstones in stock, she is getting a call this evening.

Right now I'm downloading H.A.W.X. HD since it's on sale for $0.99

I should have mentioned: since I was porting the numbers over from verizon which was scheduled for the day after the delivery, I still couldn't do anything with the phones last night GAAARR!
    Last edited by camiller; 10/29/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre