1.    #1  
    I left the fold a few months back for the big, sexy screen and dizzy processing power of the EVO, but I'm really missing WebOS and excited about what I have seen of 2.0. Android has some really nice features, but overall is very clunky by comparison.

I thought hard about getting the Pre2, but will wait to see what new hardware the new company produces,
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I left the fold a few months back for the big, sexy screen and dizzy processing power of the EVO, but I'm really missing WebOS and excited about what I have seen of 2.0. Android has some really nice features, but overall is very clunky by comparison.

I thought hard about getting the Pre2, but will wait to see what new hardware the new company produces,
    Android is the reason I left...Android..

Anyway, I just couldn't take the over clunkiness of the UI (I had an HTC Hero with Sense UI). It was just too slow and sluggish for me (but of course, this could've been the phone, too as it wasn't too powerful to begin with). WebOS is beautiful and amazingly powerful. And while the hardware can definitely be better, the OS makes up for the lack in hardware, it's just way too elegant and polished to be put aside, even with a 500Mhz processor (of course, I'm overclocked to 1Ghz). If HP can get Palm back on their feet, WebOS has an extremely bright future ahead of it.
    I'm in the same boat. I had a Droid Eris. Everything about the device turned me off. In the end, I went back to my Blackberry Storm. Must say a lot about a device if you must go back to the other undesirable device you tried upgrading from to escape.
    agree I am a verizon user and last year I was looking at getting a bb or a droid. Then they announced the pre plus was coming out and after realizing what the phone could actually do I was sold. I was also sold on the keyboard cus at the time I was looking for a physical keyboard and the droids keyboard for me was...like the cowboys this season. I never thought I would be able to install and hack a phone the way I want itbut with webos and homebrew palm has made that easy for me. I was at verizon cus my wifi antenna went out and was trying all the droids. Their interface is clunky. It took me five minutes to figure how to open text messages. I love webos and droid is an afterthought for me now.
    The Pre2 definitely has better hardware. It comes with 1GHz as the default clock speed, who knows how far the folks at webOS Internals can overclock it. It has a decent camera, not 10 megapixels, but still decent. The hardware is not "blow your mind" impressive, but coupled with webOS 2.0 it will definitely make for a great phone. WebOS 2.0 does not need eye-popping hardware to make it shine. Unfortunately, some people only care about bigger screens...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    I was also sold on the keyboard cus at the time I was looking for a physical keyboard and the droids keyboard for me was...like the cowboys this season.
    Ha! Love the comment about the 'boys.

The keyboard is another biggie for me; I HATE HATE HATE typing on-screen. I'm tired of sending out emails and text messages that have been auto-corrected to something I wasn't trying to say, tired of hitting keys I didn't mean to hit because I simply dragged my finger across them, tired of it taking up half of my screen so I can't see the message I'm responding to, and tired of having to bring up and put away the on-screen keyboard before I can send a message.

I really hope Palm is producing something that has a little bigger screen with a physical keyboard and WebOS. That there is heaven.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel14 View Post
    Android is the reason I left...Android..

Anyway, I just couldn't take the over clunkiness of the UI (I had an HTC Hero with Sense UI). It was just too slow and sluggish for me (but of course, this could've been the phone, too as it wasn't too powerful to begin with). WebOS is beautiful and amazingly powerful. And while the hardware can definitely be better, the OS makes up for the lack in hardware, it's just way too elegant and polished to be put aside, even with a 500Mhz processor (of course, I'm overclocked to 1Ghz). If HP can get Palm back on their feet, WebOS has an extremely bright future ahead of it.
    I think it was your hardware, Android is buttery on the EVO.

There's just no OS that's refined like WebOS. Simple things, like moving an appointment that my secretary has put on my Exchange calendar onto my Google calendar. Simple on the Pre, can't do it on the EVO. But what I miss most on the software side is notifications and cards. Why the other OSes don't straight copy those two systems is beyond me.