View Poll Results: Do you see any crack on your Palm Pre Plus?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see a crack at the USB door

6 30.00%
  • I see a crack on the screen

2 10.00%
  • I see cracks at both the USB door and the screen

2 10.00%
  • I do not see any cracks

10 50.00%
  1.    #1  
    Starting a poll to see if any of the Pre Plus phones are developing either a USB door crack or a screen crack or both or none.

It seems Palm has made some improvements to the hardware quality since the original pre in the Pre plus. So just wanted to see if there really has been a reduction in the occurences of cracks or not. we can compare this poll to the one on the Original pre forum and see if there has been an improvement.

Here's an interesting story:

My AT&T pre plus is just 20 days old. When I was buying my phone I saw that there was a small crack near the USB door. not at the USB door but about 3 mm below it. I had read the horror stories about the crack so i returned the phone right away at the counter and got a different piece (which I have now). This piece did not show that crack. So I guess the quality control has still not improved.

Anyways....looking forward towards your responses on this poll
    AT&T Pre Plus turned into a Sprint Pre plus.

Everything was great until I started using the belt clip again and now I have cracks.

Solution I found for now: SuperGLUE the cracks! adn then color over with a black marker or paint.

Hey, it may not look so hot, but hopefully it'll keep me going until Pre3
    i think I have either a hairline crack or a light stratch, but going from the screen edge to half way across towards the usb door.

Can't notice it unless i hold against some light, but the usb door is very very hard to open on my pre plus (compared to pre minus) This itself can be a cause of accidental damage to the phone.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i had this samething on my vzw pre plus. so i bt the bullit and ordered the pre2.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    About 2 months ago, I had the same V shaped crack develop on my Verizon Pre+ (my second) after about 6 months use. I went to my local Verizon store ant they replaced it with a refurb. I backed up all data prior. The refurb has a slight oreo effect that the others didn't. Seeing that I still need Classic for some PalmOS apps, I don't plan to get a WebOS 2.xx device until I know I can get Classic to work. If not, I might have to look at other platforms.