1.    #1  
    My wife finally got fed up with her work Blackberry, and yesterday I ordered her a Pre Plus. She's been carrying a BB owned by her work, plus she also has a feature phone that we pay for. There's always been an option for her to get a phone allowance and just get whatever phone she wants, and she decided that's what she wants to do, so she can have a choice and not have to carry two phones. I was surprised to hear that the Pre is an option for her, since she works with the state government.

We thought about waiting a few weeks and seeing if we could get a Pre 2 for her, but decided we didn't want to have to pay more (the Pre Plus was free). Besides, I would have been WAY too jealous to let her keep it to herself

I've had my Pre Plus since April, and I'm really excited about getting to set her up with Homebrew, patches, and overclocking! I just hope she can keep her patience long enough to learn to love webOS like I do. She's comfortable with her BB (even if she's learning to hate it) and tends to get impatient with new technology if she doesn't pick it up right away.
    Hi - I did that at my work, which is a state funded university. Since we currently use groupwise and the version we have will not sync to the pre+, I opted to have all of my mail forwarded to a gmail account which I set up for just that account. Gmail allows "send as" functions so that I can send mail as me@groupwise. I exported my calendar [my boss won't use the built it features to sync our agendas] and also exported my contacts. This works very well for me and I get all mail/agenda/contacts on my pre+.

Good luck with the upgrade! I am happy I did it.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Hi - I did that at my work, which is a state funded university. Since we currently use groupwise and the version we have will not sync to the pre+, I opted to have all of my mail forwarded to a gmail account which I set up for just that account. Gmail allows "send as" functions so that I can send mail as me@groupwise. I exported my calendar [my boss won't use the built it features to sync our agendas] and also exported my contacts. This works very well for me and I get all mail/agenda/contacts on my pre+.

Good luck with the upgrade! I am happy I did it.
    My wife's office just switched from Groupwise to Outlook, which was the beginning of her problems. The Blackberry, which was limping along anyhow, isn't working and playing well with Outlook.
    and I'm sure you are aware of the outlook patch in the email section of available patches... If not check it out
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    and I'm sure you are aware of the outlook patch in the email section of available patches... If not check it out
    I wasn't aware of that, but her IT folks (one of whom is a BIG fan of the Pre and is likely on these forums somewhere) will be taking care of the Outlook integration.
    your wife is a lucky woman. Buy her a bunch of touchstones and an extended battery. she won't appreciate a premature shut down...