Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Wow, it still amazes me every day to see the webOS community standing behind HP Palm and all that webOS has to offer.

Oh..and I put in my vote..anyone care to guess for what platform???
    I sure wish you had the ability to pull a few strings and get us the Pre 2.

Jim J.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Hate to be one of those nattering nabobs of negativism, however, it would not surprise me if Sprint had this poll posted in order to deflect all of the comments they have been getting on facebook and elsewhere. Makes it look like they are interested but since it is open-ended they can leave the poll up pretty much forever with the idea being that the sheer numbers of Android types will slowly bury the webOS votes. They may hope that, then, eventually, they can justify pushing Android over webOS.

All the while they get us to stop posting on facebook and twittering and emailing them. Thus, even if webOS does do well, its in a nice hidden little poll that nobody but us will ever see not right on facebook where the whole world is watching

Not that i don't think we should vote, I did and you should, just don't get hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Hate to be one of those nattering nabobs of negativism, however, it would not surprise me if Sprint had this poll posted in order to deflect all of the comments they have been getting on facebook and elsewhere. Makes it look like they are interested but since it is open-ended they can leave the poll up pretty much forever with the idea being that the sheer numbers of Android types will slowly bury the webOS votes. They may hope that, then, eventually, they can justify pushing Android over webOS.

All the while they get us to stop posting on facebook and twittering and emailing them. Thus, even if webOS does do well, its in a nice hidden little poll that nobody but us will ever see not right on facebook where the whole world is watching

Not that i don't think we should vote, I did and you should, just don't get hopes up.
    Good point! The Sprint FB page is out of control, but guess that's what Sprint gets for continuing to be silent on the position they have on HP/Palm future products.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

I'll take the glass half full side then. Maybe all the FB and twitter action made Sprint think "wow, we really need to get in touch with our current user base and see what they want." Putting a poll on their site lets them filter out the random internet OS fan*** and let them just focus on their existing customers, which they need to keep happy and resubscribing.

I'd also encourage to add a comment on their poll when you vote. Let them know why you support WebOS (or what ever you choose).
    <<Thread "stickied">>
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    no workey.

It says I have a different username (and password i think) for the community section and it won't let me make a new one... I can access my account etc just not the community section. Someone did a bad job with migration (stupid)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I'll take the glass half full side then. Maybe all the FB and twitter action made Sprint think "wow, we really need to get in touch with our current user base and see what they want." Putting a poll on their site lets them filter out the random internet OS fan*** and let them just focus on their existing customers, which they need to keep happy and resubscribing.

I'd also encourage to add a comment on their poll when you vote. Let them know why you support WebOS (or what ever you choose).
    That's exactly why I think Sprint made this poll. Therefore, it is very important for every single Sprint WebOS user to vote and comment on this poll before the android robots eat our lunch.
    voted for webos and made a comment about how my wife complains about her sprint android phone
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    One of Android Central's writers and forum moderators claims he voted 17 times in the Sprint poll, but standard tricks like clearing your browser history and cookies don't work. All those tricks do is log you out of the site and prevents you from voting. And once you log back into the site, Sprint recognizes that you already voted and doesn't permit you to vote again.

I can only think of one way to vote more than once, but it's only a couple extra times and waaay short of the unlimited voting we're being accused of. For the record, I haven't done it. Note I didn't tell you what it was, not that it's terribly hard to figure out. This poll, so far, is legit.
    We're down to 60% guys. If you have Sprint, make sure you vote.
    Android (37%)
    Palm webOS (60%)
    BlackBerry (1%)
    Windows 7 (2%)

Total Votes: 3,698

We still lead by a healthy 23 points or 850 votes. It will go down a bit more, but not too quickly. If BlackBerry or Windows Phone 7 site post news of the poll our percentage will go down, but we will still maintain a healthy vote lead.
    It seems to be slowing down. It's right about where it was last night.

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (59%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

Total Votes: 3,816
    We're losing ground, we were above 80% a couple days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    <<Thread "stickied">>
    I was hoping a mod would have made this possible.

"Thanks"
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/30/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'm heading on over Sprint website now to inform webos users about this poll. I'm doing everything possible...so that sprint realize that the webos community mean business.

I believe sprint didn't know how much of their customers love Hp|Palm and the webos.
    Just an update on the poll that is still going with Android's numbers still going up:

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

Total Votes: 4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    That's only because Android folks hadn't shown up in real numbers yet. They have now and we're still leading by 800-odd votes. If BlackBerry and WP7 folks also show up our percentage will go down further, but we will still lead by 800-odd points.
    Just because they put this poll up doesn't mean you should stop bothering them on FB/Twitter/Email. Now, just put this link all over their FB/Twitter and spread the word.
    Looks like this poll is loosing steam or people just didn't care during the weekend...

Android (39%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (3%)

Total Votes: 4,208
    Out of 16 open polls, this one has three times the vote of the next closest poll. And four times the comments. It is time for Sprint to listen. Sprint created this groundswell and better not ignore it. Sprint started us off with WebOS and built an enthusiastic user base, and that user base is responding to their question. It would be a shame if they do not build on this opportunity. Otherwise, why ask the question.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast