1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre Plus crashed and after it recovered, all the Launcher icons were on a single page, rather than the three it had orginally. I can see no way of creating new pages. Any ideas for recovering, please?

I see there is a patch for creating extra pages: will I have to resort to that?

Many thanks

JT
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Had the same issues last week... I'll grab the link to the post that has info on how to fix it....

Edit: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html

I used internalz to copy/delete the file. After a restart all was back to normal.... hope it helps
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply: I cannot see the path quoted in that article when I use the phone as a USB drive. Am I missing something?

I've booked an appointment with the shop's 'guru' - not sure whether he will know, though!
    you need to download internalz from preware in order to see it.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee2000 View Post
    Thanks for the reply: I cannot see the path quoted in that article when I use the phone as a USB drive. Am I missing something?

I've booked an appointment with the shop's 'guru' - not sure whether he will know, though!
    You won't be able to see it with the pre in USB mode....

Do you use homebrew? Such as Preware???

If so search for internalz in preware and install it. Use it to browse to the location and copy the file to the media partition then delete the original.

Another way is to use webos quick install command line....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    That would usually be cause by having the patch add/delete page from preware. You can use that to add back those pages, or run a webos doctor if you do not have that patch installed.. It should set things back to its original state.,,

Regards,
    Yes but there is a way to fix it without doctoring webfellow figured it out and posted a how to. I've used it myself and works great but to do the fix he needs either internalz or WebOS QI.

Hopefully he is familiar with home brew and this will be easy fix...
  7.    #7  
    Many thanks to all you guys. I shall now download the I Love Homebrew app and see what I can find out. Not being a programmer, I don't like to delve too deeply into the innards of these things: I have the silly belief that it shouldn't be necessary if the makers did their job properly in the first place......
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Jay

Not sure whats in the I love hombrew app... So I'll give you some links to get the stuff you going to need....

WebOS Quick Install..... Direct download link

Link to it in the forums http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

Here's good read on how to get Webos Quick Install and Preware up and running....

You can skip preware if you wish and use WebOS QI to install internalz. But preware is the homebrew version of the Market app wireless homebrew yummy!!!

Internalz is under the precentral app feed in WebOS QI and preware download it then you should be able to use internalz to browse to the file location and proceed with the fix...

If you plan on going in to the store for repair they will not like seeing preware so it is a good idea to remove preware before going... orange tap like any other app...

You could also doctor but that's up to you if you wish to have a factory fresh device...