1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago I noticed a problem with the data connection (Edge/GPRS) on my phone. The phone no longer maintains a data connection. In fact I cannot even make the data connection byu turning the data connection on/off. IF I leave the Data connection on and then reboot the phoen, then most of the times the phoen shows a data connection (E in the top bar) but as soon as I turn the data radio off or turn on wifi, I can no longer get the data to turn back on. At times the 'E' will appear for a brief moment and then dissapear. I have tried removing all the patches (via EPR) but the problem remains. Is this a hardware issue or something that may be resolved by 'doctoring'? Any ideas what may be causing this and or if there is a solution to this without having to doctor (don't wish to losee my SMS/Text Msgs)?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    are you sure your cell account is OK? Perhaps the problem is on the cell provider side.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    are you sure your cell account is OK? Perhaps the problem is on the cell provider side.
    Nope. No problem on the service providers end. After having tried everything else I could think of, with no success, I finally 'doctored' the phone and the problem is now resolved.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad