Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hey! First of all, my Pre isn't suffering from a headset issue, I still get sound in both speakers.

Problem is, when I get some kind of notification, the alert or system sound plays only the end part (or not at all), as if lagging. Rebooting does not solve the problem. It rarely plays completely and well.

Help!
    I think it's a speaker going bad. Mine's been doing that with the first part of system sounds and I also noticed that my speaker is cutting out and super full of static on phone calls.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    the only things I could think of are to make sure volume is up in system settings. Plug a headset in play some music. Stop, then unplug. Or use the ghastly headset app to make sure ur not stuck in headset mode. Last resort would be webos repair utility or webos doctor
    Mine's been so glitchy, anyway, that I just did a doctor. You might want to follow the advice of the other poster and try those solutions to see if it solves the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I can't do a doctor, my Pre device is hacked to run on Iusacell. If I doctor it, I'll have to hack it all over again.

Gah, I'm gonna reboot the device again, see if it helps. Going to delete some files too, it might be that my memory is almost full.

EDIT: It's not the speaker, music app plays perfectly. As I said, it's not the ghost headset, it's some kind of glitch.
    Last edited by ugriffin; 10/28/2010 at 08:23 AM.