Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    ok so i ended up having a crack appear on my palm pre and my inline microphone is going out so no on can hear me unless i yell and my internet drops everyday i have to master reset my phone . so i call sprint today so i can get a replacement there was no problem before but it seems like now it is. first lady i talked to didnt want to help at all second person saw the notes about the internet problem and transferred me to tech they said all they can do is send me to the store to get it fixed only problem with that is the nearest corprate repair center is two hours from me and the repair center in my area is 3rrd party so theydon fix crap and they are 30 min away. i was mad at this point so i told them to talk to a supervisor she came on and told me all she can do is swap the phone for a blackberry 8330 i was what the hell is the deal why cant you switch the phone out since its obviously software and they have record of it. she told me they dont replace phones over the phone anymore. long story short nothing got resolved. am i missing something can i not get my phone replaced through customer care they did it once why can they do it again
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/27/2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: updated title to remove language
    maybe once is all ya get..
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    thats the best answer you can give me when alot of members here have gone through phones like there underwear
    I don't believe half the stories I read here. Alot of these I'm on my 8th pre stories are just trolls imho. What kind of answer can I give you, when sprint said no already. You could buy a pre on craigslist or something!
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Wait. What? I can only get my eyes to read three lines into that post and then they twitch off focus and I have to start over.
    They offered to switch your Pre for a BB 8330?!? What are they, blind?
    OP... try working with a different local Sprint store. I ran into an issue with one store that wouldn't help me with an issue - so I went to another where they were more willing to help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by precon22 View Post
    i was mad at this point so i told them to talk to a supervisor she came on and told me all she can do is swap the phone for a blackberry 8330... she told me they dont replace phones over the phone anymore.
    This lady contradicted herself in her own statement.

I would go to your local Sprint store and talk to someone there, or it might be worth your while to drive to the service center.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Yeah I know how that feels. The first time I went they just reset my phone and called it a day :/... thank god a couple weeks later the phone went through its last stages of its lemon phase and completely wouldn't connect to the sprint network. I got it replaced FINALLY after that incident. You just have to find the right people to do the job and process the issue or else they'll try to just leave you with your original.
    just say you're gonna leave to vetizon, and watch them throw in a replacement pre along with a free touchstone charger and back
    I would just keep calling. Sooner or later you will get your replacement. I believe you are allowed 3 per year.
    ok so i ended up having a crack appear on my palm pre and my inline microphone is going out so no on can hear me unless i yell and my internet drops everyday i have to master reset my phone . so i call sprint today so i can get a replacement there was no problem before but it seems like now it is. first lady i talked to didnt want to help at all second person saw the notes about the internet problem and transferred me to tech they said all they can do is send me to the store to get it fixed only problem with that is the nearest corprate repair center is two hours from me and the repair center in my area is 3rrd party so theydon fix crap and they are 30 min away. i was mad at this point so i told them to talk to a supervisor she came on and told me all she can do is swap the phone for a blackberry 8330 i was what the hell is the deal why cant you switch the phone out since its obviously software and they have record of it. she told me they dont replace phones over the phone anymore. long story short nothing got resolved. am i missing something can i not get my phone replaced through customer care they did it once why can they do it again
    So I'm going to maybe nit picky here, but I want to make sure that there is some understanding.

1. I don't see how a crack on your Pre is considered a software issue, unless you was talking about the microphone issue, but let's be honest once you mention crack that's where the conversation gets stuck on.

2. Now it's become obvious that Palm has replaced quite a few devices with cracked screens because it has happened in the past. I really want to stress that part.

So this can really go two ways, if you had the device for quite a long time and just now developed a crack I can see where Sprint would be skeptical in replacing it, if you was having an issue that caused the device to crack, why did it happen now (when you are either a. out of warranty support time or b. close to it). So Sprint may decide not to replace that phone over the phone because they want to ensure the phones crack is not due to customer abuse versus just some random issue that happened.

Let's say you dropped the phone and it cracked, should Sprint be liable for that? Now you can argue that you didn't drop it and you babied it and you never did anything wrong to the phone and it just happened, but talking to a rep over the phone doesn't really put that point across, unless you are actually looking at the phone, looking for evidence of physical abuse you won't see it or understand it.

The reason you was routed back to a Sprint store is likely because they want someone to physically look at the phone to ensure the crack isn't because you got angry that voice dialing hasn't been implemented yet and chucked your phone across the room.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    ...the nearest corprate repair center is two hours from me and the repair center in my area is 3rrd party so theydon fix crap and they are 30 min away...
    Your profile says you are from Spokane, WA and there are two Sprint repair stores in your area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    ok here we go. 1st the crack developed on the bottom right of the scree never been dropped ever. software issure was due to my internet connection dropping every 20 min and having to master reset the phone to fix it. I never really mentioned the crack until last part of the conversation. Also those stores you are seeing and I quote from the reps at each store " we are no longer corprate stores we are 3rd party retail we cannot do physical repairs to phones because sprint does not provide us with any parts to fix handsets we switched to 3rd party due to financial constraints in washington". Now understand I'm not trying toscam sprint I'm trying to get my phone replaced. Now I have gotten replaced and spoke to executive jim allen and he stated that I should have never gone through so many reps it should have been replaced after the notes showed I was having issues with my network connection as shown 3 times in there system.
    i'm on 4th Pre.. and def not a troll.. there is def build issues with this phone especially quality control on the refurbs..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-open.html

there is a picture of a screw that fell out of the sliding mech... after a week.

The one after that had a sticky spacebar that was permanently depressed. I asked them to order a refurb right there on the spot, and they shook their head (knowing i was right, and disappointed in the phones come in like this) they ordered another one on the spot. Not a big deal to me i don't get fired up about things that are out of my control
    Last edited by antonio3; 10/27/2010 at 05:05 PM.
    a) both my phones have been well built no problems

b) my phone was replaced due to my error (actually on the advice of a Sprint rep at a store)

however Precon "" we are no longer corprate stores we are 3rd party retail we cannot do physical repairs to phones because sprint does not provide us with any parts to fix handsets we switched to 3rd party due to financial constraints in washington". " Can they not or would the not process you at the store for their 3rd party repair?

Come on down to Tucson and go to Montonyos (sp) they are great with repairs and quick in getting replacements if they can't fix it.
    call bacl and tell them to transfer you to the dept that handels insurance replacementsif they still give you **** about the phone wait a day or 2 and call back and tell them you lost your phone and file a claim over the phone
    it really pays off to be extreamly nice no matter how you are treated unless they just blatantly get rude with you , but if you talk very nice and are friendly it goes a long way when trying to get your phone replaced, believe me i know from me own experience !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    sorry to hear that. . . . I'm on my original pre from the Day 1 mob that lined up for it. I have the crack by the USB and the screen is a bit 'scratched' so I guess I can't empathize. Been real pleased with my Pre and look forward to the next Pre --- whether its a PRE2 or whatever I can get on the NOW Network.
    I'm on a launch day phone that developed a usb crack after one of Sprint's service centers replaced the mother board and the crack is now one eigth inch on the actual screen and has spidered off a triangle near the usb port that looks like it will fall completely off the phone in the next few weeks. I'm not switching phones until Sprint gets the next webOS device and I have insurance so should I A. "Lose" the phone and pay $100 or B. Take it to the repair store again and see if they can replace the screen/front cover? What would you do?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast