1.    #1  
    I checked the on device Help and also here before posting these two questions:

I accidentally created a task list without naming it first, i.e., it is presently shown as "Unfiled". I've also added a significant number of "tasks" to the list that I'd rather not have to delete and re-enter. On to the questions:

1. Is there a way that I have not yet discovered of renaming my "Unfiled" task list?

2. If that is not possible, is there a way to copy all the items in my "Unfiled" list to a new, named list and then simply deleting my old list or am I doomed to having to re-enter and check off my tasks?

Thanks in advance!
    I wish to do the same. My Tasks imported from Outlook without any option of location.
    Have you found a solution yet?
    Just open the task list that you wish to rename and then tap on the list name ('unfiled' in your case) at the top of the screen.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanks. I know I can rename the tasks but all 50 or so of my tasks are residing in 'unfiled'. How do I sort them into different groups?
    I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. Did you try to tap on the circled i all the way to the right of the screen? Then you can edit the details of the task and assign it to a different list.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Got it now thanks. I needed to create a set of different lists before I could move the unlisted ones. Thanks.