1.    #1  
    Is there something similar to speedtest.net - something to measure my upload/download speed - available for palm pre? I know there is a speedtest app for ipod/iphone, but the website itself uses flash. Is there a similar app for palm pre?

Also how are people measuring there monthly data usage?

Thanks for any info.
    not sure about speed test. There is an app called netstat, although I have it, I haven't started using it until today, so not sure how well it works but I'm about to find out. I've hovered around the 200MB/month for the last few according to my provider. (which is why I never really bothered with the app)I talked my boss into using my phone for dispatch purposes at work, got all server/login info etc. I imagine my data will go up, but I have 800MB to play with before I hit my overhead. Will be more useful to me now(the app & the phone actually) a lot better than trying to read my 4 line display in the old mid-90's lime green color motorola-MIKE phone
    Quote Originally Posted by boomerangkevin View Post
    Is there something similar to speedtest.net - something to measure my upload/download speed - available for palm pre? I know there is a speedtest app for ipod/iphone, but the website itself uses flash. Is there a similar app for palm pre?

Also how are people measuring there monthly data usage?

Thanks for any info.
    There is an app called netSpeed that will do what you want.

Netstat is good. IDK about the other carriers, but if your on VZW, you can access your monthly data usage through a bookmark on the phone, and also the website if you have My Verizon.
    It would be nice if netSpeed reported upload and download speeds.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    There is an app called netSpeed that will do what you want.

Netstat is good. IDK about the other carriers, but if your on VZW, you can access your monthly data usage through a bookmark on the phone, and also the website if you have My Verizon.
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

I also tried netstat before, looked like it wasn't working, but now it looks like it is. I guess it takes a bit to start logging data.

I am on Bell Canada, and I believe they are seriously undercounting data usage (which is great for me)... I have a 500mb plan but last month it said I only used 6-7 mb. But I know I downloaded 10+ apps that were several mb each, and I wasn't using wi-fi.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Also, this:

Mobile Speed test

It's on one of my launcher pages

For data usage, I use Sprint's web site and drill down to my phone in our family account. Looks like I use ~0.5 Gb a month.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Also, this:

Mobile Speed test

It's on one of my launcher pages

For data usage, I use Sprint's web site and drill down to my phone in our family account. Looks like I use ~0.5 Gb a month.
    I use the same speed test. Very easy & I also check my data usage on Sprint. I am starting to track it now in case Sprint goes to a rationed plan like AT&T or Verizon.
    Bump in reference to the other thread. See post#5. I'm not the only one that thinks something's up with Bell's data monitoring.