Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I haven't taken the box down to our mailroom yet to ship my Pre Plus to Palm to get the earpiece fixed (static on calls when using the actual phone..it's ok for bluetooth or speaker). The 2 refurbs I received from Verizon were unacceptable. The Palm rep assured me I would get my phone back. I hooked up my LG Env3...how quickly I forgot how to use it in 3 months and oh what a difference from my Pre. I've already tried to stick the Env on the touchstone on my desk. *sigh* I'm like a Mother Hen watching that box on my desk, I don't know what I will end up like without it for 5-7 business days. I love that phone and will miss it.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 10/27/2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  2. #2  
    I feel your pain. I had to revert back to my Treo a couple weeks ago for a week due to a "random act of stupidity". While I loved the Treo in it's day, and it served me well during it's short lived recall from retirement, I am definitely happy to be back in Pre land.
    As a bonus the keyboard and GPS both work better on the replacement phone. GPS still isn't reliable enough for navigation but then I have a Garmin for that anyway. It IS reliable enough to find local businesses and check in with Foursquare so I'm happy.
  3. Mr Hyde's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #3  
    I knw exactly how you feel. My Pre got destroyed a few days ago by a car tire while minding its own business on the road. I had to reactivate my Samsung Alias. I have no idea how I used that crappy samsung phone for as long as I did. I'm in major Pre withdrawal.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I knw exactly how you feel. My Pre got destroyed a few days ago by a car tire while minding its own business on the road. I had to reactivate my Samsung Alias. I have no idea how I used that crappy samsung phone for as long as I did. I'm in major Pre withdrawal.
    Oh no! I feel your pain. It's only been a few hours and I'm really missing my Pre. I've set the Env on the touchstone at least 3 times, I've tried to swipe the screen a couple times or tap it, and then I get "lost" on how to navigate to different things. Now I know I'm really addicted to Webos and my pre.

    What really hurt was pulling my skin off the screen, I had done a perfect application on it and underneath my screen was just like the day I opened the new box. I have another skin waiting for it's return home.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I haven't taken the box down to our mailroom yet to ship my Pre Plus to Palm to get the earpiece fixed (static on calls when using the actual phone..it's ok for bluetooth or speaker). The 2 refurbs I received from Verizon were unacceptable. The Palm rep assured me I would get my phone back. I hooked up my LG Env3...how quickly I forgot how to use it in 3 months and oh what a difference from my Pre. I've already tried to stick the Env on the touchstone on my desk. *sigh* I'm like a Mother Hen watching that box on my desk, I don't know what I will end up like without it for 5-7 business days. I love that phone and will miss it.
    The power of technology has moved us along, hasn't it?

    I guess you can kind of think of it this way. My parents are older and still live in the older days, going to their house is no cable..they have rabbit ears..they don't have high speed internet instead it's dialup...they have a home phone..and its a roto dialer.

    As a society we have become dependent on certain aspects of technology that when we are without them we really take notice, it makes you almost appreciate them more.

    You can kind of take this opportunity to take notice of all the things you really love about Palm and how webOS has helped you move along, and even use that as a point of interest to get others to appreciate the same value.

    I'm hoping to get my parents to come stay a weekend so they can appreciate high speed internet...move to a cellphone and get rid of their home phone..and please get some cable! Get some people to move from that "normal" cellphone they have and get the behind the power of webOS.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6.    #6  
    Well after the last hour and a half dealing with Verizon again responding to my emails and really "not" responding to my issues I've written about since I have extra time now with no Pre to keep me happy....I am very very sad to find out I've been led astray, misinformed and actually not informed by VZ.

    First, I only hope Palm fixes my phone and I get my original back as promised. If not that is just going to add to my unhappiness unless they send me a brand new Pre as a replacement.

    I cannot get a response from VZ management or CEO or their contact info to write or call them. NOONE at VZ has it...they are playing dumb. I received a call from "The Coordinator of the Internet Response Team"...Ok that don't mean squat to me. Probably someone who has a little more seniority answering questions. I missed the call so he sent an email. Since I have sent my phone to Palm to be fixed (trying to keep a quality phone) VZ is out of the picture for the balance of my year warranty (9 more months) and I will have to deal with Palm for the rest of the warranty and any future problems that I have with my phone or replacement if that is what they return to me. So I purchased the All coverage insurance through VZ (Asurion or something like that). So I guess that's pretty well worthless now too... if I can believe what the rep told me that I just spoke to. She said if I had received a couple more unacceptable replacements they would have just sent me a new phone. Why wasn't this done or explained? Guess I wasn't persistent enough. So now I can only hope Palm does me right. I'm sure they might not be as motivated to be since I pay VZ monthly for service and not Palm directly. I totally love Webos and hope to be a forever Palm person but I feel right now that no one really cares about making sure a customer has a decent phone. I read where others have phones that have been beat up, broken, cracked screens and they are getting decent replacements or even new. I know it also has to do with the carrier and maybe ATT and Sprint don't wipe their hands clean of you if you send your phone to Palm directly to have it fixed like VZ does. I know I should just wait and see if Palm does me right. Two reps assured me and the last one noted my file I will get my original phone back. I hope I do and I hope I have no more issues for the rest of my 16 months and then I will figure out where I will go to from there for a new phone and service. I am limited for service in my area. Otherwise if the phone has more issues maybe early termination and go elsewhere. I really don't want to leave Webos. I got my Pre because of the mobile hotspot saving me $20 a month from purchasing broadband to go for my netbook which I really don't use much now that I have the smartphone so probably just need to sell it. Then that gives me no reason to stick with Palm except I love Webos, or VZ.
    Ok, I'm really having too much time on my hands and too many what ifs. Just warning those with VZ if you sent your phone to Palm to be fixed, VZ is out of the picture now for the rest of your warranty.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  7. brendu's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #7  
    I am in the same boat as you, dropped my Pre recently from a balcony and it crash landed on the sidewalk a few stories below. Thankfully I have best buy's black tie on it so its covered but unfortunately that service while nice because its free and covers this, sucks because I am stuck using my old samsung slider POS for 2-3 weeks. I am losing my mind without my Pre. Since this was my 6th pre (some broken from my fault, some not) I have been seriously considering switching to an EPIC but just cant bring myself to waste the money when I have another Pre coming that can hopefully tide me over until CES. I am really hoping for something amazing from Palm / HP... And the past week without my Pre has especially been painful while lingering on these forums wishing I was using the precentral app instead.

    Oh well, the day when that refurb Pre comes and I spend the first couple hours homebrewing it will be fun.
  8.    #8  
    I know I'm worrying before Palm even has a chance to fix my phone and hopefully give me good service. I am missing mine so much but am thinking if I don't get my phone back and am sent another unacceptable phone Palm won't be any better than VZ to deal with. I'm sitting here surfing and looking at Droids and iPhones.

    I have plenty of time now to tweet my unhappiness to VZ.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The power of technology has moved us along, hasn't it?

    I guess you can kind of think of it this way. My parents are older and still live in the older days, going to their house is no cable..they have rabbit ears..they don't have high speed internet instead it's dialup...they have a home phone..and its a roto dialer.

    As a society we have become dependent on certain aspects of technology that when we are without them we really take notice, it makes you almost appreciate them more.

    You can kind of take this opportunity to take notice of all the things you really love about Palm and how webOS has helped you move along, and even use that as a point of interest to get others to appreciate the same value.

    I'm hoping to get my parents to come stay a weekend so they can appreciate high speed internet...move to a cellphone and get rid of their home phone..and please get some cable! Get some people to move from that "normal" cellphone they have and get the behind the power of webOS.
    My mom is the same way except she does have Dish TV only because the area we live in rabbit ears don't work well....tried it. Won't get her to change her dumbphone cell though.

    I see you are with Palm Support...if you can put my fears to rest about getting my original phone back and that I'm worrying too much about future problem dealings I'll love ya forever.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    =
    they have a home phone..and its a roto dialer.
    !!!!!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    My mom is the same way except she does have Dish TV only because the area we live in rabbit ears don't work well....tried it. Won't get her to change her dumbphone cell though.

    I see you are with Palm Support...if you can put my fears to rest about getting my original phone back and that I'm worrying too much about future problem dealings I'll love ya forever.
    I'd love to...but the fact is we can't guarantee that you will receive your exact phone back. If it's quicker and easier to send you a phone that we have already fixed and tested work that could happen, and the fact is we don't do new replacements. Palm doesn't stock new devices, new inventory is shipped to carriers for retail.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  12. #12  
    I posted elsewhere that I just turned in my 6/6/09 original Pre phone because of touch screen issues. I didn't want to turn it in, but it really was becoming annoying and so I had no choice. The first replacement phone was great until someone called me when I wasn't on my car hands free set up and they couldn't hear me. So, after several more calls of people saying they could hardly here me it was back to the Sprint store and they ordered me a second replacement phone. This one, though supposedly refurbished, works great. I had forgotten how "snappy" the touch screen was when I first got it and I really like the tighter feel of it, especially when sliding the keyboard back in....really a nice "snap" shut feeling. I wouldn't worry about the replacement phone....just enjoy it!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'd love to...but the fact is we can't guarantee that you will receive your exact phone back. If it's quicker and easier to send you a phone that we have already fixed and tested work that could happen, and the fact is we don't do new replacements. Palm doesn't stock new devices, new inventory is shipped to carriers for retail.
    I have received more email from VZW which upset me even more. I spent another hour on the phone and finally got to talk to a manager. I received an email this morning from them that said if the phone is replaced they will no longer provide coverage for it as it won't be the same phone I had gotten from them. I am keeping that email as I have all other written correspondence. If I get the same phone back why would it not be covered as it's the same phone? The manager said that should not have gone out without being cleared by their legal department. This was discussed in depth with them. I now have a text message and a permanent note on my file that no matter what I get back my original or replacement (although it should not be a replacement) they will honor it.

    Ok so then I called Palm again for the 3rd time and was again reassured MY phone will be repaired and no replacement will be sent. I asked that they note my file that if they can't repair my phone to return it to me as is. I want the same phone back. I can still use it via bluetooth or the speaker and will use it like that unless Verizon caves in and gives me a new one. So hopefully Palm will live up to that...sending mine back whether repaired or not.

    Whew! And it's only 9:00am here and I feel I've been through the war zone already! I just want to be a good little quiet customer and not have problems.
    Jolie

    "If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

    I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  14. #14  
    I got a EVO Shift because my OG Pre was cracking on the screen & I'm liking this phone a lot..... but i'm having webOS withdrawals. Everything is so much better looking on webOS than Android.
  15. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I have received more email from VZW which upset me even more. I spent another hour on the phone and finally got to talk to a manager. I received an email this morning from them that said if the phone is replaced they will no longer provide coverage for it as it won't be the same phone I had gotten from them. I am keeping that email as I have all other written correspondence. If I get the same phone back why would it not be covered as it's the same phone? The manager said that should not have gone out without being cleared by their legal department. This was discussed in depth with them. I now have a text message and a permanent note on my file that no matter what I get back my original or replacement (although it should not be a replacement) they will honor it.
    Are they (VZ) saying they won't provide you service (as in voice/data) for your phone if the serial number changes during a repair service?

    I don't see how they can do that. At most they can charge you to activate your phone. This doesn't make sense.

    Now, I am not on VZ but my and my wife's Pre's have been replaced a couple of times and this has never been an issue - maybe because we have the insurance.

    Anyway, good luck.
    Dan

Posting Permissions