Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Hello!
    I was using my Palm Pre, looking at some pics, when it restarted automatically. Once restarted I don't have any pictures, any apps I had...
    I still have my contacts, accounts and passwords... but I would like to recover my pictures... There's anything I could do?

    Thank you very much!
  2. #2  
    the best way to recover is to open device info app and scroll down to reset options and in reset options look for partial erase. This will restore apps . Unfortunately if you have not backed up your pics on your home computer ...... There is no way to recover them.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #3  
    you may want to look at what you have installed lately and see if that didn't cause the reset. Do you have homebrew app and patches installed on your phone ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Yes, i had some patches and i recently installed a new theme, i'm pretty sure that was what caused the reset.
    I'll try to recover my apps and I'll tell you if it works!

    Thaaaanks!
  5. #5  
    first restart your phone. If that doesn't help, run the reconstruction utility to put back to normal. If that fails, visit the doctor.
  6. #6  
    Just making sure, but you did put your phone into USB mode and check that your photos are there, right? If they're not, they're probably gone for good, unless you made a backup recently.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  7. #7  
    There is this tool that you could use that should bring back your pics and stuff that was on the usb drive. I'll try to look for the link.
  8. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #8  
    My problem is slightly different, but similar. I just got a replacement Pre. Activated, gave all my passwords, etc. to restore my Palm profile. I am missing a couple apps--no biggie, I can download them again, but the content of my photo, music, task, memos & calendar are gone. I am getting much of my calendar back from my google calendar, but just what is stored in the cloud?

    Most pictures & all my music were backed up in my computer, but--like my contacts--I had expected what was on my phone to be in the cloud & be able to put back on my phone. So, again, just what is in the cloud when we go to our Palm Profile?

    Thanks.
  9. #9  
    photos and music are not backed up.

    memos/tasks i thought were backed up.
  10. #10  
    I've used a free tool to recover photos off compact flash before. It might work with the Pre if you plug it into your computer as a USB drive.

    I just can't remember the name of it right now. I know it was free - I have it installed on my PC at home. I will try to post later...
  11. #11  
    Recuva is a good one, made my the same people as CCleaner.
  12. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    photos and music are not backed up.

    memos/tasks i thought were backed up.
    My memos & tasks are here this morning. They weren't last night so maybe it was still recovering data.

    Thanks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Just making sure, but you did put your phone into USB mode and check that your photos are there, right? If they're not, they're probably gone for good, unless you made a backup recently.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr

    I've tried everything, even putting my phone in USB mode but I can't find my photos anywhere

    Quote Originally Posted by boomerangkevin View Post
    I've used a free tool to recover photos off compact flash before. It might work with the Pre if you plug it into your computer as a USB drive.

    I just can't remember the name of it right now. I know it was free - I have it installed on my PC at home. I will try to post later...
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Recuva is a good one, made my the same people as CCleaner.
    I have no experience in that, so I would like to know if there is any risk of damaging the system files in the device by trying to recover my photos with a recovering tool.... Just that I wouldn't like to lose the whole OS to recover some pics.. you know!

    Thanks to everyone!
  14. #14  
    I know of no such risk. I've used it to recover files off my flash drive and it works.
  15. #15  
    from now on you should go into your pre and right click and copy your photos and and downloads folders and wallpapers folder every once in a while just to be safe .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    from now on you should go into your pre and right click and copy your photos and and downloads folders and wallpapers folder every once in a while just to be safe .
    I use Pixelpipe to upload pics to multiple sites as a backup.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions