Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    anyone know? is it ok to leave my pre charging over night on the touchstone? also.....i use my mobile hotspot as my internet...all the time. i wanted to download a movie....predators..... would it be ok to leave my pre hotspot on over night while on touchstone?
    1 yes certainly

2 you won't have problems with the phone, just be sure not to draw attention of your carrier for using too much data, should yours be a carrier that cares.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    well i have sprint......do they care?
    warning! It's large data transfers like this that sprint is looking at that may make them start charging more for our data plans. The CEO, Dan Hessey has recently stated that they will start a tiered data plan if they keep getting high data transfer. If you can, do NOT use your sprint device as your main internet source. I also have mobile hotspot installed on my Sprint Palm Pre but only use it to tether when neccessary
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    well poopers. i use it about total 5 hours a day...at the most. im using it now. im reading random things online...yall should visit

peopleofwalmart.com

hahaha
    haha, I love peopleofwalmart, it always makes my life seem a lot better. But seriously, it is the "power users" of the mobile hotspot on Sprint that will force them to start charging you for your data usage. We don't want the AT&T and Verizon prices. If you didn't already know, the mobile hotspot on Sprint is not authorized by Palm or Sprint. The only reason we Sprint users have it is that it was released for Verizon but showed up in the Sprint catalog for a short time and some quick, savvy individuals grabbed it and reverse engineered it. Here is the link to the article from the CEO talking about it. Please help yourself and us all by prolonging these additional charges. If you're using this to download movies, you more than anyone else, will be paying A LOT more per month for your data plan. http://www.precentral.net/hesse-too-...ed-data-sprint
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    well i havent downed the movie. i was just asking. but now i know. i dont want to be one of the people that causes us to pay up the **** for phone plans.
    I bet this one download is not going to make Dan lose sleep so I am sure you have his permision to carry on with your download
    but to answer the other part of your question, when I tether over wifi to a laptop, my Pre tends to get pretty warm as it is (pushing 45c to 49c). If I have it plugged in to a wall outlet while tethering (no touchstone), it can get well over 50c, which is really too hot to be running at. If you left it on a touchstone, the temperature could easily reach cpu-frying zones while tethering. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    I bet this one download is not going to make Dan lose sleep so I am sure you have his permision to carry on with your download
    It was only one straw that broke the camel's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    well i have sprint......do they care?
    Yes, they do care... If you're accumulating too much data per month which started at some point, don't you think that would draw attention to
    yourself. Be careful.

You can leave your phone charging all night.. either on the touchstone, or usb charger. Once the battery reaches its full capacity ~ it stop charging. I've been using this method for years - without any problem at all.

Regards,

[i]---Sent from my palm pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    anyone know? is it ok to leave my pre charging over night on the touchstone? also.....i use my mobile hotspot as my internet...all the time. i wanted to download a movie....predators..... would it be ok to leave my pre hotspot on over night while on touchstone?
    I've noticed that even while charging, my battery can still drain slowly. Other than that, you really shouldn't have any problems. And don't worry. You're not going to cause our rates to go up. That will probably happen regardless of whether people are using tethering apps.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I've noticed that even while charging, my battery can still drain slowly. Other than that, you really shouldn't have any problems. And don't worry. You're not going to cause our rates to go up. That will probably happen regardless of whether people are using tethering apps.
    It will happen eventually, yes, but I'd rather have it happen later, rather than sooner
    the phone would get hot, in which case, I take the back cover off (dont kno if you could still charge on touchstone) and even try to get a fan on the thing.

does peopleofwallmart have a mobile website? It looks funny, lol
    Switch to using wi-fi for extremely large downloads (like movies).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)