1.    #1  
    Well....I didn't want to do it, but after buying on the first day the Pre came out, I had to finally turn in my Pre. My touch screen just had a mind of it's own. Cards were flying open...then closing....the screen sometimes wouldn't even respond. But the final straw came when it ordered an application from the app store....yes....all on it's own.

The guy at the Sprint store had seen this before (the screen problem, not the auto app purchase) and ordered me a new Pre. It arrived 2 days later and wow...it was great. I forgot how quickly the screen could move around. However, the next day someone mentions they can't hear me on the phone. I usually use the hands free set up in my car so the first day this wasn't noticeable. Then the 2nd and 3rd person tells me they can't hear me. The rather ironic call came when someone from Sprint called me and kept saying "I can't hear you" and I was screaming into the phone that my phone was broken. We ended up hanging up at about the same time.

Anyway, back for my 2nd replacement phone and the "new" one, knock on wood....seems great. It really is nice having a Pre that responds quickly to swipes and moving cards around....I really like this phone when it is working. And the slider....nice and tight....with that very nice "snap" when I close it. People can have these huge phones....I like the Pre and hope that Sprint will decide to bring the Pre 2 to their stores. One of the Sprint Tech guys actually uses a Pre and we discussed the Pre 2. He wasn't optimistic about them getting it, but I told him in a nice way that I would leave Sprint after my 2 years and go with Verizon if they didn't get it. I really like my Sprint experience, but I moved to Sprint to get the Pre and will change again to get the Pre 2. I just like this phone.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    well you made it over a year with ur 1st Pre, that's Great man. I hope that this current Pre you have will behave even better and that you get some of the kinks out that you may have. Very cool man
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    My initial Pre was purchased about 6/9/09. I just got my replacement yesterday due to the usb port going bad. Replacement is nice. Keyboard feels a bit better, slider a little better, screen is much more responsive/accurate (?) as you said, BUT I can't believe how used to the 1G overclock I was. Seemed like it took forever to get things opened so after recovering the data, one of the 1st things I did was overclock the replacement Pre.

Thanks webOS Internals.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    My initial Pre was purchased about 6/9/09. I just got my replacement yesterday due to the usb port going bad. Replacement is nice. Keyboard feels a bit better, slider a little better, screen is much more responsive/accurate (?) as you said, BUT I can't believe how used to the 1G overclock I was. Seemed like it took forever to get things opened so after recovering the data, one of the 1st things I did was overclock the replacement Pre.

Thanks webOS Internals.
    I swear I'm gonna do that overclocking thing in the near future! I have been a bit nervous to mess with the phone but since we Sprint folks won't have access to the Palm 2 for awhile (if ever), I might have to break down and do that. I'm sure I'll be blown away with the increased speed. Oh, and I finally got the last of the data imported back in. I was pretty pleased with how the SplashID data came back in....whew....was worried about having to input all that again.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton