1.    #1  
    i performed webos doctor and most of my apps and preware apps/patches are still there? how to i totally wipe the device clean and start over from scratch?
    Are you sure? After running webOS doctor, all homebrew apps, patches etc. should be gone. I would try it again.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Are you sure? After running webOS doctor, all homebrew apps, patches etc. should be gone. I would try it again.
    100% sure, i just ran it again and now i have no sound at all. i wonder whats going on?

edit, seemed to work this time, the volume was all the way down.
    Try a Partial Reset (Erase Apps & Data), and see if that helps.

If you truly want to wipe everything do a Full Erase.

I did Full Erase and Doctored on Sunday. A few patches stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If you truly want to wipe everything d
    o a Full Erase.
    On the contrary...a full erase doesn't wipe clean all patches on the phone. It does wipe clean all files on the usb drive though. Some patches still remains even though it doesn't show as install in webosQI.

I did a full erase and the following patches was still intact(i.e. Flash light in device menu, M/D/Y, Font size, plus two others..)
    Webos doctor wipe the phone clean of all modifications...excluding the files on usb drive, etc.
    I was referring to the USB drive. Thank you!

I think he's confusing webOS doctor with the reset option in the preferences on the phone... When you use webos doctor it's on a computer with the phone connected on USB. Webos doctor is a computer program