1.    #1  
    I've searched the forums for this problem,but can't find an answer.

My Pre will not charge the battery,using the USB cable connected to the computer or the Palm charger that came with the phone. I've pulled the battery, deleted all the patches,etc.,but nothing helps. It shows that it is charging,but does not actually charge the battery. I have a second Pre (on a different phone number) that I use to recharge the batteries.

Suggestions on fixing the problem? Doctor? Steps? Thanks!
    Do you have Govnah or DrBattery? If so, look at the "Current" reading while your phone is plugged in. If it is a negative number, the battery is being discharged, if a positive number, it's being charged.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the response. Dr. Battery shows a negative current when the charger is hooked up. The Pre shows the charging symbol when hooked to the Pre charger,but it is not charging the battery.I'm using extended power batteries,but even the original Pre battery will not charge.

Base on your last post, it's one of two things at fault. The usb cable or the battery. However, you mention that the original battery won't charge either... Hmm! Is their anything preventing the battery from charging ~ maybe the phone is defective.(unknown) Before you do anything.. Run a hardware and interactive test. You'll find that in the device menu.(Preference)

Regards,

[j]--Sent from my palm pre phone.
    most likely its just a novacom problem . if you dont get it fixed let me know and i will tell you how to find out .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    A -36.48 is not an extremely rapid discharge... I'll get a similar reading if I'm using a couple of power hungry apps (like MHS, Radiotime, SprintNav) while charging.

I assume you are not running a bunch of apps while you are charging?

Jim
  7.    #7  
    Thank you Jim and Rush. However,the Novacom renewal fixed the problem !! Shadavis08

I had to switch out my Pre recently because it wasn't charging. It wasn't the battery or the cable, as I'd tried multiple cables and the battery works fine on the new one.

Take it to Sprint and switch it out. As long as it has no physical damage there shouldn't be any problem in getting another (probably refurb'd') one.
  9.    #9  
    Hi Jasetronics,

Switching out the Pre was my next step,if I couldn't fix the problem. Luckily, renewing the Navacom installation fixed the Pre's charging problem.

Using WebOS Quick Install, I re-installed Navacom.

http://www.precentral.net/Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

Then I followed this instruction.

"Novacom

* You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button."

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html