Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I just set my Gmail accounts to get email "as items arrive" correct? And that's the best for battery life?

What about server sync like with Hotmail? How can I have emails that are read/deleted on my phone act the same on the server?
    Depends on how often you get mail. In most cases it's the best settings.

No, it won't work like that on Gmail or Yahoo. You'd have to read/delete on both.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post

No, it won't work like that on Gmail or Yahoo. You'd have to read/delete on both.

Regards,
    I only use gmail and I know I only have to delete once (either on my phone or on my gmail.com).
    for hotmail you need to setup as exchange account and it will be push email. What you read or delete will be synced.

I have my yahoo setup and it does the samething only itsnot setup as exchange somehow the pre automatically configures ur yahoo as imap which it does read and delete and ur phone and the web
    For whatever reason, when I set mail to "as items arrive" for my yahoo account, it kills my battery. Others have said this too.

Gmail may work differently though...
    Quote Originally Posted by boomerangkevin View Post
    For whatever reason, when I set mail to "as items arrive" for my yahoo account, it kills my battery. Others have said this too.

Gmail may work differently though...
    Yahoo kills battery when set to "as items arrive"...bummer..*runs to Pre to turn yahoo mail to 2 hours*