1.    #1  
    First of all I have ATT and I have a Samsung Captivate. Ive been looking at the Pre for a while now and have some questions.

I love android, anything WebOS does better?

Apps, how many are there? 1000's or in the 100's?

When does the Pre2 come out in the US? And doe you think ATT will get it soon?

Main thing that has me worried is screen resolution, it seems well....low and Im not sure why Pre2 has the same resolution....not to mention only 3.1" in size. How does the Pre's screen compare to most high end android phones and IP4?

Anyone know if Pre2 shoots in 720p?

Anything I should know?

So yea, really debating getting a pre, I also am thinking of getting a Nokia N8 as the Hardware is amazing too me, just Symbian is not.

Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    It's all a matter of what's important to you. WebOS does multitasking flawlessly, and that's really its hallmark. I didn't realize how much I depended on WebOS multitasking until I was fiddling with my roommates Droid X. It's second nature to me now. WebOS is creeping along in app #...though it'll never catch up with iPhone or Android. But, for someone like me, that's not important. I've got maybe 10 apps I've downloaded and I've owned my phone for over 6 months. If you really need a ton of apps then WebOS isn't for you. I don't get all the fuss over screen resolution. My roommate has a Droid X and his screen doesn't blow me away compared to my Pre Plus. Maybe I'm blind. No go on shooting 720p. Your best bet is to wait until after CES in January. HP/Palm should be announcing a number of devices with great specs at that time, iPhone VZ is rumored to release in 1/11, and all the new holiday phones being released now will have dropped in price by then.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It's all a matter of what's important to you. WebOS does multitasking flawlessly, and that's really its hallmark. I didn't realize how much I depended on WebOS multitasking until I was fiddling with my roommates Droid X. It's second nature to me now. WebOS is creeping along in app #...though it'll never catch up with iPhone or Android. But, for someone like me, that's not important. I've got maybe 10 apps I've downloaded and I've owned my phone for over 6 months. If you really need a ton of apps then WebOS isn't for you. I don't get all the fuss over screen resolution. My roommate has a Droid X and his screen doesn't blow me away compared to my Pre Plus. Maybe I'm blind. No go on shooting 720p. Your best bet is to wait until after CES in January. HP/Palm should be announcing a number of devices with great specs at that time, iPhone VZ is rumored to release in 1/11, and all the new holiday phones being released now will have dropped in price by then.
    Great! Thanks for the response, I think I'll just wait till CES 2011 and see what is announced there, then I can make my decision on either Android or WebOS.
    I'm trying to put all your question together and answer it with one answer. Somehow, I'm not able to do it. So lets break it down. (1) I love android, anything WebOS does better? It depends on what you're looking for...both phones are capable of doing many things. (2) Apps, how many are there? 1000's or in the 100's? Webos surpasses 5000 apps and adding more as we speak. (3) When does the Pre2 come out in the US? And do you think ATT will get it soon? Verizon will be the only US carrier at this time to carry the pre 2. There is no information or rumour on any other carrier getting the pre 2. (3) Main thing that has me worried is screen resolution, it seems well....low and Im not sure why Pre2 has the same resolution....not to mention only 3.1" in size. How does the Pre's screen compare to most high end android phones and IP4? For the 3.1" screen size of the pres the screen resolution is perfect. When compare to other device.. Obviously, a larger screen with a higher resolution will top a smaller one. Not by far though. (4) Anyone know if Pre2 shoots in 720p? I have no idea on this question. I know the pres camera and video capturing is awesome. (5) Anything I should know? Other than the fact that you'll be using one of the best smartphone around. Go get it. Thanks in advance.-(Your Welcome)
    It does really depend on your preferences. If you want a phone to just use as a phone and download apps then get an iPhone or stick with Android. If you want full customization, being able to patch the hell out of your phone and make it do what you want, then get a Pre. I always thought the pre was for the more techy people who like to mess with their phones. But yeah, wait for CES and see whats announced. If the Pre 2 doesnt come to AT&T, you can always get the unlocked version from HPs site.
    My advice to you is this... Work out what you want from your phone and find out whether the Pre can do what you want. A lot of people I know with Android phones hate WebOS and my Palm Pre.

These are the top 10 things that I love about my Palm Pre:

1. Facebook Chat (patch) hangs around in the background and uses the SMS application
    2. Synergy, although this is now used in a lot of OS's.
    3. Touchstone. I have one at work, at home, and in my car.
    4. Spotify in my car. I have it hooked up to my stereo via bluetooth, so all sound plays through the stereo wirelessly. The phone sits on the touchstone and charges while I drive about. No cables.
    5. LED flashlight (patch). Gives me a torch in the dark and...
    6. LED flashlight while recording videos using the camera (patch).
    7. Downloading videos from youtube (patch).
    8. Email. Provides unintrusive notifcations for new emails with the 4 different email accounts that I have.
    9. Games. beautiful graphics on the smaller but much brighter screen. Games look better on Palm Pre than they do on HTC Hero (don't know about others).
    10. Newsroom (RSS reader). Provides notifications of new articles for all my favourite websites.

I'm not trying to sell this to you, you will need to make up your own mind. Please remember that almost everything that I love about my phone comes from the homebrew community. If you wish to play around with homebrew (almost completely risk free) then I will say that this phone is a great phone. However, the phone as you buy it out of the box (not including the Palm Pre 2, as I have no experience with that at this time) is not a great phone to todays standards.

Sorry for long post. Hopefully this will be of some use to you and I welcome feedback from anyone else too.

IMHO
    Run Forrest, run. Away from the pre that is!