1.    #1  
    Recently, my Palm Pre LCD broke. Now I've replace it with one I purchased from eBay, but now the modem does not work. I do not know if the problem with the Modem is prior to the change of LCD or because I touched something during the replacement of the LCD.
    The phone functions as such, but the data network is not working (WiFi, web).
    Any help?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseG-As View Post
    Recently, my Palm Pre LCD broke. Now I've replace it with one I purchased from eBay, but now the modem does not work. I do not know if the problem with the Modem is prior to the change of LCD or because I touched something during the replacement of the LCD.
    The phone functions as such, but the data network is not working (WiFi, web).
    Any help?

Thanks.
    Did you remove any of the ribbon cables?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    I didn't remove any ribbon cables, I checked again today.
    One correction from my first statement: The Wifi connection is working. The failures is with the Data network connection and the 3G connection.
    Last edited by JoseG-As; 10/26/2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Message unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseG-As View Post
    I didn't remove any ribbon cables, I checked again today.
    One correction from my first statement: The Wifi connection is working. The failures is with the Data network connection and the 3G connection.
    I have the same issue and have been online with sprint for hours and nothing, then when I ran a quick test under the profyle it comes up as problem with modem.
  5.    #5  
    I doctored several times and always fails at 76%. Then I tried with Meta Doctor with the
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE option and failed again but at more than 80%. The phone works, but no data connection, no 3G connection and very short distance Wi-Fi connection.
    I checked the internal connections and seems were all right. Any suggestions will be welcomed.