Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Keyboard, spacebar is going, doesn't work half the time, other keys don't click once in a while.

Wifi goes and comes at times, youtube video freeze often over wifi, while my pc plays well the same video.

I have TEP but I never had to exchange a phone before, is it bad enough that they will give me a another model or what?

Also do I need to remove all patches and so forth?
    I would try going through a Sprint store first, see if you can get it replaced for free. I would remove all signs of homebrew / patches prior to going to the store.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I would try going through a Sprint store first, see if you can get it replaced for free. I would remove all signs of homebrew / patches prior to going to the store.
    Hey, how do you backup the programs and so forth on the pre?

I want to restore it to stock then restore the backup if I can't get it fixed.
    Preware has 2 backup things you can download and use, Save&Restore and the Pre Backup Utility.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Preware has 2 backup things you can download and use, Save&Restore and the Pre Backup Utility.
    And it also restores the phone with all the programs, mods and so forth?
    Your Apps are saved via your Palm Profile. Other stuff from Preware is saved in the ones I mentioned, such as app data for games.

However, if you have to switch phones, you should copy their database files to your computer.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    thanks alot, I will try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Keyboard, spacebar is going, doesn't work half the time, other keys don't click once in a while.

Wifi goes and comes at times, youtube video freeze often over wifi, while my pc plays well the same video.
    I have the identical problem with all Pres I have ever gotten my hands on (in sprint store, tech's pre, TEP replacement, etc.)

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix either problem with new hardware right now...so don't waste your time talking with your carrier or Palm.

Wifi can be very slow (30-40kbps max speed with netSpeed app on many routers)...Seems to be no rhyme or reason why Pre will allow faster connections to some routers than others. This was not as much an issue before webOS1.4. I have found that by installing the UberKernel, some connections are now faster (most of the time), but some still crawl along at 30-40kbps.

Also less of an issue before webOS 1.4 is the keyboard problem. I saw a sample ROM available that is supposed to fix this. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with UberKernel, so I am not willing to give up the extra speed to test this kernal. If you search for Kernel and keyboard, you should find the link to that kernal.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I have the identical problem with all Pres I have ever gotten my hands on (in sprint store, tech's pre, TEP replacement, etc.)

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix either problem with new hardware right now...so don't waste your time talking with your carrier or Palm.

Wifi can be very slow (30-40kbps max speed with netSpeed app on many routers)...Seems to be no rhyme or reason why Pre will allow faster connections to some routers than others. This was not as much an issue before webOS1.4. I have found that by installing the UberKernel, some connections are now faster (most of the time), but some still crawl along at 30-40kbps.

Also less of an issue before webOS 1.4 is the keyboard problem. I saw a sample ROM available that is supposed to fix this. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with UberKernel, so I am not willing to give up the extra speed to test this kernal. If you search for Kernel and keyboard, you should find the link to that kernal.
    Yeah, it seems taking it in would be a waste better of time right now and it's better to just keep it until CES and try to get a better model, doesn't make sense handing it in now, I doubt the refurb they give me would be any better.