1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems with certain webpages auto refreshing every 20 seconds? When I go to engadget.com or phonedog.com and try to read an article, it refreshes the page constantly, making it very frustrating and nearly impossible to read an article. Saw some other buzz about it on Twitter, but wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution.

FWIW - I'm running a patched, overclocked Pre. Specifically I'm running the No Auto Refresh After Idle patch by fritos1406. However, the screen isn't going idle and then refreshing, it's refreshing as I'm actively reading.

Any help is appreciated!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i second this. this refresh thing is so annoying it makes me throw my pre at the wall! i just dont' understand why isn't there any working patch to correct this issue?
    its just impossible to read anything on pre's browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with certain webpages auto refreshing every 20 seconds? When I go to engadget.com or phonedog.com and try to read an article, it refreshes the page constantly, making it very frustrating and nearly impossible to read an article. Saw some other buzz about it on Twitter, but wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution.

FWIW - I'm running a patched, overclocked Pre. Specifically I'm running the No Auto Refresh After Idle patch by fritos1406. However, the screen isn't going idle and then refreshing, it's refreshing as I'm actively reading.

Any help is appreciated!
    Have you tried uninstalling the patch to see if it makes a difference?

Also just download the engadget app..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I also have this problem and this is the first time I've seen anyone mention it because I've searched the issue a few time in the last month or so. The first site I noticed it on was Engadget.com. I thought it might have had something to do with the Engadget app also being installed and just started using it instead. Then it now noticed that bgr.com has started doing it as well in the last few weeks. In that same time frame bgr did a complete overhaul of the site and it seems like that is about when the "refresh every 14 seconds" started.

The weird thing is if I go to phonedog.com it does NOT refresh like the other two sites but it will refresh on your phone? I even made it a bookmark to see if loading from that maybe had anything to do with it. I no longer use the No Auto-Refresh patch but do have several other Web browser patches applied. I'm also overclocked running F105 on a Sprint Pre 1.4.5. I'm to the point where I think I'm just going to Dr. it and hope that fixes it.
    I have the same issue. It is very frustrating. I may Dr. and reload everything checking as I go. I am overclocked, with the no auto refresh after idle patch installed.
    I removed the No Auto refresh patch and the problem still exists.