1.    #1  
    i have a palm pixi on sprint and i LOVE it....the only thing is i wish it had a little better res. screen....a little faster...and a little bigger screen and wifi...all these are in the pre...but i just love the look and the size and keyboard of the pixi so MUCH....so im trying to decide to stay with my pixi a little longer or get a pre (for sprint). Any suggestions?
    I would say get the Pre, since I prefer the Pre over the Pixi. However if you love the Pixi form factor that much, I say keep the Pixi & overclock it. That will help with the speed, then wait until CES in January; where it is likely that HP/Palm will announce some new hardware.

With the recent news of Foxconn manufacturing 4-5 new phones for Palm for 2011, maybe one of those phones will be a revamped Pixi design. Since you love the Pixi so much, and you are willing to hold on to it a little longer, that is my recommendation. Keep it & overclock it; then wait to see if a new phone that matches the Pixi's design comes out.

Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    yea that helps al lot thanks man and I do have my pixi overclocked...i think I might get the pre tho then just wait for hp/palm to come out with a similar pixi form webos phone next year which is not that much of a wait...hows the keyboard on the pre in general and vs the pixi if you know man?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice20021114 View Post
    yea that helps al lot thanks man and I do have my pixi overclocked...i think I might get the pre tho then just wait for hp/palm to come out with a similar pixi form webos phone next year which is not that much of a wait...hows the keyboard on the pre in general and vs the pixi if you know man?
    I have a Pre Plus and a Pixi Plus. I really like the looks of the Pre more but the Pixi keyboard is just soooooo much better
  5.    #5  
    I agree I love the keyboard on the pixi it's very good
    . I bought a pre and all that the pixi is, was magnified when I got the pre. Of course the pixi is great, but overclockin the pre is a real experience that impresses me to keep on rockin the pre. Grass always looks greener 10 ft away, but kicks *** when you have it in ur hand. PALM ROX AND I'm always watchin!
  7.    #7  
    does the pre have wifior is that only the plus
    does the pre have wifior is that only the plus
    pre has wifi.. i have a pre plus and love it. the only thing you will miss on the pixi is the keyboard. the pre keyboard isnt the best, but im used to it and just typed out this message to you in about 45 seconds.
    i have a palm pixi on sprint and i LOVE it....the only thing is i wish it had a little better res. screen....a little faster...and a little bigger screen and wifi...all these are in the pre...but i just love the look and the size and keyboard of the pixi so MUCH....so im trying to decide to stay with my pixi a little longer or get a pre (for sprint). Any suggestions?
    I'd say go get the pre.. Awesome phone > and plus we have preware to add customization. I have one and the only phone I'd upgrade to would be the pre2. If you like the pre, then go get it. You can't lose... It's a win-win situation. Webos 2.0 coming very soon, bringing a lot more features like the long awaited Adobe flash player as well.

Regards,
    Cool. I've had my Pre for a year, and I'm fine with the keyboard, I don't really have any complaints. I can't really compare it to the Pixi though; the only time I've used the Pixi was when I played around with it in the Sprint store, and that was when it first came out.
  11.    #11  
    i have a sprint pixi and i want a pre now but how difficult and is it worth the risk to try and get a pre plus and change it to sprint than just to get a reg pre since im on sprint?
    At this point, since it's already hit a frech carrier, I'd give it at least a few weeks if you can, and see if the Pre2 lands on sprint or another US carrier you'd be willing to switch to.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  13.    #13  
    well i have decided to get a pre but how difficult and is it worth the risk to try and get a pre plus and change it to sprint than just to get a regular pre since im on sprint?
    <threads merged>
  15.    #15  
    well i have decided to get a pre but how difficult and is it worth the risk to try and get a pre plus and change it to sprint than just to get a regular pre since im on sprint?
    I bought my girlfriend a Pixi after having my Pre for about a year. That little phone is freakin sexy. If there were a larger one specced like a Pre, I would have already gotten it. I can see where the guy comes from about being hard to choose, I really want one myself now. I say stick with what you have for now, there are some amazing things brewing at HP/Palm.

/now if only it wasn't called a Pixi..
    Just get one from ebay or Clist, they can be had for 50-100 bucks.
    Pixi keyboard is so great. I am missing the overclocking and more apps that the pre can handle.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html