Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    This posts will walk you through everything to get you ready for homebrew, patches, overclocking, etc.

    You can get Govnah & Uberkernel in Preware, or via WebOS Quick Install to overclock.

    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
  2.    #22  
    Ok, thankyou everyone for your help. At this stage I really only think I need a copy of Quick Install. All the links are down so if anybody could upload a copy to media fire or rapid share that would be great. Thanks for all of your help it really does... help.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Ok, thankyou everyone for your help. At this stage I really only think I need a copy of Quick Install. All the links are down so if anybody could upload a copy to media fire or rapid share that would be great. Thanks for all of your help it really does... help.
    Hmmmmm. It's odd that you can't get the link.

    One thing you CAN do is get the WebOS Doctor. If you google WebOS Doctor, and your service provider, it should lead you to the Palm page with the WebOS doctor for your phone. You might as well download that now, cause you'll need it.

    Then, and this is important, put it in a folder that you will eventually put the Quick Install software in. Not sure why, but Quickinstall needs to be in the same folder as the WebOS doctor.

    Now, try going to Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

    If the above link doesn't work for you, try googling webos-internals, wiki, preware, installer. That should help.

    They should have a link to Quick Install that might work for you.

    If not... they have an installer that doesn't need Quick Install. I've never used it but I'm sure it works. You might want to try that, and if you do, come back and let me know if it works for you. I'm curious.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Hmmmmm. It's odd that you can't get the link.

    One thing you CAN do is get the WebOS Doctor. If you google WebOS Doctor, and your service provider, it should lead you to the Palm page with the WebOS doctor for your phone. You might as well download that now, cause you'll need it.

    Then, and this is important, put it in a folder that you will eventually put the Quick Install software in. Not sure why, but Quickinstall needs to be in the same folder as the WebOS doctor.

    Now, try going to Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

    If the above link doesn't work for you, try googling webos-internals, wiki, preware, installer. That should help.

    They should have a link to Quick Install that might work for you.

    If not... they have an installer that doesn't need Quick Install. I've never used it but I'm sure it works. You might want to try that, and if you do, come back and let me know if it works for you. I'm curious.
    Doctor links dont work either. That link you gave me is also where the others have lead me. None of the links work. I hope I can get a copy of QI because I really want to overclock this thing. ( I can look at that wiki page but the downloads from there dont work )
  5. Keldog's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #25  
    Hi Ursula,

    Try this link. It takes you to the webOS Internals page with some pretty good instructions and a link to the most recent webOS Quick Install version 3.14.

    Good luck and enjoy.

    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  6.    #26  
    Hey guys! Thanks for the help, but Application:Preware - WebOS Internals this page has no good downloads. All of them dont work. Thanks but that link DOESNT work.
  7. #27  
    this link doesn't work?http://images.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files/webos-homebrew-apps/wosqi/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
  8. #28  
    the reason I ask is it just worked for me...
  9. #29  
    This link work... I just tried it out on my pre. How are you opening these links? Are you right clicking the download link? Here is the link. http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html. Try getting preware here, or get novacomd using webosQI. Scroll down and you will see download here.

    Regards,
  10. #30  
    No, your link is broken sketch42.
  11.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Final link.. Direct from canuck

    http://filebin.ca/jxxdwa/WebOSQuickInstall.jar

    Canuck Software

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I will try in a different browser because Chrome gives me the "This link appears to be broken"

    Edit:
    Firefox gives me "REMOVED BY HIPS"
  12. #33  
    It's funny how users of other platforms see "rooting". It's what you get when you're not working on an open platform. What do you need to "root"? You really just need to download the Palm SDK, turn on developer mode for your phone (which Palm leaves open on every phone), then type this single line in your terminal:

    Code:
    novaterm -t open tty://
    BAM! You're logged in as root. You have "rooted" your phone.

    The really awesome thing about webOS is the homebrew community that's only possible because the platform is so easy to modify. Preware is truly a great accomplishment, and what would take a lot of work from the linux command line takes just a few taps with Preware. I would recommend when you get everything setup that you donate to webos internals, the awesome guys behind Preware.
  13. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I will try in a different browser because Chrome gives me the "This link appears to be broken"

    Edit:
    Firefox gives me "REMOVED BY HIPS"
    Hmmm, something fishy is going on here. I think it might have to do with your computer.

    I'm off to bed, but in the morning I'll see if I can help.
  14.    #35  
    I HATE FIREWALLS. Guess what the problem was? Ya. CA sucks. Downloading QI as we speak!
  15. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I HATE FIREWALLS. Guess what the problem was? Ya. CA sucks. Downloading QI as we speak!
    wo0t!.. Glad to hear it!

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  16.    #37  
    Now Im at a smooth 800 mhz with a couple patches installed Is there a way to put a shortcut icon for QI on my dt
  17. #38  
    Once you have Preware installed, you shouldn't need QI. Did you try 1Ghz?
  18. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Now Im at a smooth 800 mhz with a couple patches installed Is there a way to put a shortcut icon for QI on my dt
    If you are using Windows, you can use the process to send an icon for any program to the desktop.

    Start > Programs > locate webOS QI > right click > select "send to" and select desktop.
  19. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If you are using Windows, you can use the process to send an icon for any program to the desktop.

    Start > Programs > locate webOS QI > right click > select "send to" and select desktop.
    Does WosQI even show up in the program menu since it is merely a Java app that isn't installed but rather launched each time it is executed?

    Sending the jar file to the desktop would require placing the WebOS Dr. jar there as well.

    I would think having the window of the WosQI folder open but not full screen where you could right click on the jar file and drag and drop to the desktop and select "Create Shortcut here" would work best.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions