Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Last night, I plugged & unplugged the USB charger numerous times. I could not get the phone to charge. 6+ months ago, I lost the cover to the USB port, but have never had problems charging. I can still charge from my Touchstone, but I travel for a living (by air) & usually only bring the ac adapter/usb for charging.

Has anyone else had this problem or will the service centers help w/this? I have the original Sprint Pre.

Thanks
    did you confirm that your wall outlet and wall adapter both work? And the usb cable?

I fried a usb port on my first pre+. I was able to confirm that because it still charged on a touchstone.

if you can confirm everything else works, you need a new phone.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you confirm that your wall outlet and wall adapter both work? And the usb cable?

I fried a usb port on my first pre+. I was able to confirm that because it still charged on a touchstone.

if you can confirm everything else works, you need a new phone.
    Thanks for the ideas. I did try other outlets last night but had no luck. I hadn't thought of the usb cable going bad, but I just tested it w/the usb cable from the Touchstone & still no go. So not the outlet & not the usb cable...
    That's a phone problem not your problem. Return the device for a replacement. The device charging port as been corrupted by reasons unknown. Unfortunately, this sometimes happen with the connecting and disconnecting process.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I did try other outlets last night but had no luck. I hadn't thought of the usb cable going bad, but I just tested it w/the usb cable from the Touchstone & still no go. So not the outlet & not the usb cable...
    if it is working with your touchstone, then your phone has a bad usb port. Call cust service for your carrier and have it replaced.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I took it to a Sprint service center. They verified it as a phone problem & said a replacement will be available tomorrow afternoon--none in stock. I guess I will find out if the cloud & accessing My Palm profile works. Does anyone know if the cloud stores my HomeBrew Apps & Patches or will I have to start all over w/that?

Thanks again.
    home brew should be backed up with save/restore in preware. The save a package list of patches...

recovery is a snap!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    home brew should be backed up with save/restore in preware. The save a package list of patches...

recovery is a snap!
    Thanks!
    1. Open Preware, swipe down from the top-left of the screen to bring down the Preware Application menu, select "Saved Package List" and click "Update"
    2. Open Save/Restore, select "Save Application Data" and click "Save Selected"
    3. Connect your phone to a computer, connect as a USB drive, and make a copy of the "saverestore" directory to your computer. Also, make a copy of any data that you want to back up from the USB drive since that data is also not stored in your Palm backup
    4. After a doctor/phone swap, sign back into your Palm Profile, let all your App Catalog Apps reinstall, and then install Preware back on your phone. Then, using Preware, install Save/Restore back on to your phone, too. (DO NOT USE webOS Quick Install to reinstall Save/Restore)
    5. Connect your phone to a computer, connect as a USB drive, and move your old copy of the "saverestore" directory back onto the phone, along with any other data you backed up in #3 above.
    6. Open Save/Restore, select "Restore Application data", select only Preware and click “Restore Selected”
    7. Open Preware, swipe down from the top-left of the screen to bring down the Preware Application menu, choose "Saved Package List" and click "Install All"
    8. For each app that you plan on restoring data to, open and close each app in order to initialize the cookies and databases for that app
    9. Open Save/Restore, choose "Restore Application data", click "Select All" or choose the apps you want to restore, and then click "Restore Selected"
    10. Immediately perform a Luna Restart
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->