Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm keeping mine until I get a Pre 2... these Phantom Taps problem is seriously killing my love for my Pre >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I'm keeping mine until I get a Pre 2... these Phantom Taps problem is seriously killing my love for my Pre >_<
    I'm sure most people are ~ including me. The doom & gloom topics on the pre2 only make me want it more.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    At most 4 months, then will switch to whichever latest phone is available on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I'll hold onto my AT&T Pre Plus untill my contract is up in 2012, unless AT&T allows me a low cost upgrade in October 2011. By then, hopefully HP will have come up with a compelling handset that has a 4" screen, a better camera with Zoom (front facing and rear), and more apps than the couple hundred available to us now. Also, Preware had better still work and be supported because if not, I will definitely bail for an Android or iPhone.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    I've said it before, IDK at this point. The release of 2.0 may help me make a decission on waiting for the next uber-Pre or jumping ship.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I will keep my pre until it completely stops working. There isn't anything out there that really makes me want to spend more money on a phone.
    Received a replacement Pre plus a couple of weeks ago. No more keyboard problems. Received my extended life battery a couple weeks ago. No more battery problems. Pretty much love my Pre now, will keep it indefinitely
    keeping my release day pre plus at least until sept 2011. If verizon doesn't have something else besides the pre 2 by then which I think they will I will move on to an iphone. I've tried android but the software is not smooth or aesthetically appealing to me as webos or ios. I would consider getting a pre 2 but my plus can do almost everything it can with a little uber pumped into the phone. Even though the design looks better than the pre or the pre plus. I agree when people say the pre 2 should have been what the plus is but meh life goes on and I still love my pre plus.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm trying the Evo right now, I got it Friday. If I don't like it I will just use my pre til something comes out and I will try that one. I figure since sprint has the 30 day trial period I might as well see how other devices are. So far the thing that is bugging me is how large this phone is. I did try the Qik video calling and that was kinda cool. The little things that is different like having the cards there to see what is running I miss. The pre does things a bit easier like notifications and like I said when I have the evo in my pocket I can tell that something large is in there. We shall see how this trial goes. And the fact that I have 4 touchstones just sitting around not useing them sucks.
    I'll keep my Sprint Pre until the first of two events takes place.

1) A new Sprint webOS device is launched that is an upgrade from the Pre.

2) A new Sprint Android device that meets the spec requirements for Gingerbread comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    if i were you i would take the phone back , the phantom taps thing is the processor going out and its covered under OS warranty which is beyond the hardware warranty , of course if you have any homebrew stuff they will disreguard your phone as modified so wipe it clean. i had that issue as well and wiped the phone and it still would do this. so i took it back and they saw it doing its selftouching thingy and replaced it right there on the spot. well they ordered it anyways .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get the evo now, I bought my sprint pre in march for 80 bucks through radio shack. I like the pre but I don't see it catching up to android or ios, it's too far behind.

I think webos is nice, pretty to look at but lack functionality overall. I want to get something for my pre now rather than hold on to it and get nothing then if ya now what I mean.

Asurions still have enough refurbs to give people for at least another year, doesn't make sense keeping a outdated phone while everyone else is using front cameras, video chat and voice dailing.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Personally, my launch day (Sprint) Pre has really done me well. Yes, I would love to see new, not updated, hardware soon, but I also understand that with the financial difficulties Palm had, and with the HP acquisition, there needs to be some time for a truly "new" device to make it's way to market. I'm looking for HPalm to present all of with this new device at CES. And if for some reason we don't see this device I January, that's ok too; I'd rather use a 2 year old webOS device that I know and love than to switch to a new OS just because of being cildish and inpatient. Just MHO...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I kind of wish I got the EVO in june so I could get another upgrade in June 2011 in my eyes the evo is getting old. If android come out with phone bigger and better than the EVO and EPIC on sprint than I might switch.

In the market for a netbook are we?
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    Personally, my launch day (Sprint) Pre has really done me well. Yes, I would love to see new, not updated, hardware soon, but I also understand that with the financial difficulties Palm had, and with the HP acquisition, there needs to be some time for a truly "new" device to make it's way to market. I'm looking for HPalm to present all of with this new device at CES. And if for some reason we don't see this device I January, that's ok too; I'd rather use a 2 year old webOS device that I know and love than to switch to a new OS just because of being cildish and inpatient. Just MHO...
    I agree with that. I've seen the various Android devices and none of them are anything that I'd like to use. I like the webOS interface better and I don't like the big slab phone form factor.
    Palm has new phones coming, we've seen the leaks and the hints from Rahul Sood. I'm certain that we will see more at CES, but I'm not waiting. A Pre 2 is good enough for me. If Bell gets it, I'm in.

What's sad is that Sprint won't allow the original Pre faithful the choice of getting the Pre 2 if they want it. I understand not wanting it, but you should at least be given the choice.
    I just got my pre so I will keep it for the life of the contract (3 years!), unless I can upgrade earlier.

For me it is great, I went from having no cell phone at all to the Palm Pre, and I got it on Bell Canada's awesome deal: $0 phone & $35 month. They were definitely clearing them out, but I couldn't pass up that deal. So I'm kind of locked in, but the way I figured it is if the phone dies I can just buy something newer and hopefully keep the cheap plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    since it appears the pre2 will not come to sprint this year, how much longer will you hold onto the original pre? myself ill give them until ces in january, then if we do not get a big announcement of a better phone ill buy the epic 4g. i love webos but they need to play some serious catch up here in the market.
    my plan exactly.

though i may get an evo in november or december to check out for a while, then either return it within the thirty days, or sell it on CL. if no announcement at CES, it's for sure evo all the way until HP brings it with the top-notch goods.
    I think with webOS 2.0, document editing (QuickOffice) will come. This is the only thing I need that's lacking in the Pre. So I'll wait for the CES announcements. To feed my gadget fetish, I'll get the HP Slate AND the rumored PalmPad and will be using my Pre to tether. If there isn't a Sprint webOS device announced at CES, then I will hold on to my Pre until it's dead (will probably replace it with another Pre).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Will webOS 2.0 be available on the original palm Pre? Or is it just not possible?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast