1.    #1  
    I have heard of the so-called oreo problem so I've been very careful and gentle when handling my phone. Still, after just one month, the sliding keyboard portion of my Pre seems to feel suddenly a bit loose today, like there's even a tiny bit of lateral movement. Should I be concerned that it will break and separate into two halves soon or does this generally stabilize as is after a little giveaway?
    Some play developing is normal for any slider style phone. No need to be concened unless it gets a lot worse.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I love my Pre and want it to last the full three years of my contract.
    Mine has been a little loose for the past year, and hasn't seemed to affect performance.
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't affect performance on mine either but I just feel the two halves move sideways a little bit when I hold it and that is drawing my attention to the plastic construction of the phone. It's like feeling a little wart on one's finger, it's tiny yet you can't help but notice it.
    get a GRT case... oreo effect GONE!
    That's the case - wrap it around your Pre and the Oreo effect is gone ... period. But more than that - the phone just feels more solid. I don't think I could wait until 2011 CES for a new Palm phone without this case (and overclocking ... lets not forget overclocking!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
    I have heard of the so-called oreo problem so I've been very careful and gentle when handling my phone. Still, after just one month, the sliding keyboard portion of my Pre seems to feel suddenly a bit loose today, like there's even a tiny bit of lateral movement. Should I be concerned that it will break and separate into two halves soon or does this generally stabilize as is after a little giveaway?
    All slider phones does that. The problem is some are worse than others. If it feel a little loose when it's open, that's how these phones are. However, if it has too much play when its closed.. then that's not normal.

Regards,
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    That's the case - wrap it around your Pre and the Oreo effect is gone ... period. But more than that - the phone just feels more solid. I don't think I could wait until 2011 CES for a new Palm phone without this case (and overclocking ... lets not forget overclocking!)
    Think I'll get one then. Black.
    My pre has felt really loose before after dropping it. It had really bad oreo effect. But now it is fine. As if it seemed to fix itself. Not sure how. But it did. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had my phone for 11 months so far. And I've never had any major problems with the slider. But if this is really bothering you that much there are several threads on how to fix it.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...erts-only.html

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...re-wobble.html

I thought there was another one but I can't find it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    So much for better build quality... :-(
  12.    #13  
    GRT case ordered a ccouple of days ago.
    You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait til 6 months. You'll be able to store stuff between the 2 halves.
    FYI if it starts to get what would be normal for a slider phone (even my friend's just talk/text not a smart phone has one and it slides landscape) I'd have them double check the screws haven't come lose on the insided. Run it by your local repair store.