1.    #1  
    Looking to upgrade on Sprint from my old Centro in the next month or so, and I'm vehemently avoiding the Evo and Epic ($10 per month surcharges? Booooo.) I know the Pre- has had a lot of hardware issues in the past, but has Palm improved the hardware quality for newer production batches?

Also, sorry if this is well-known, but the search function hasn't really brought anything useful up.
    It won't be carried on Sprint. We are twisting in the breeze til CES in January when we learn whether or not a NEW WebOS device will come to Sprint, as some speculate. Then it will be June before anything announced actually gets released.

My advice? You have been using a Centro. If you like WebOS and are not worried about 3D Gaming or WiFi, get a Pixi. It has all the benefits of the Pre with none of the hardware issues. My dad has had his a year, is really happy with it, and it's quite fast at stock 500Mhz. Now, you can overclock to 1GHZ. Give it a try for 14 days. Besides, it's free, depending upon who you buy through (and you can renew through anyone). Good luck!
    Sorry, misunderstood the question. Yes, production got better. But, it's still a craps-shoot. My first suggestion stands. Despite the name, the Pixi is not a girl phone and it is much better made.
    No one knows for sure if sprint will be carrying the pre2. I know that the palm pre quality as improve a little since the first batch. You might wanna wait a little bit more, and see if sprint do decide to carry the pre2 or not. I'm sticking with my pre even if sprint pass on the pre2.

It would be better to save your upgrade, and purchase a palm pre on ebay. The pres are really awesome phone to have.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I know I got a refurbished pre off of ebay and it feels great. So far I don't have any problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    I know I got a refurbished pre off of ebay and it feels great. So far I don't have any problems with it.
    I did the same.. Totall now > Three. :-D
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyasdfasdf View Post
    Looking to upgrade on Sprint from my old Centro in the next month or so, and I'm vehemently avoiding the Evo and Epic ($10 per month surcharges? Booooo.) I know the Pre- has had a lot of hardware issues in the past, but has Palm improved the hardware quality for newer production batches?

Also, sorry if this is well-known, but the search function hasn't really brought anything useful up.
    My third Pre has lasted over a year so in my opinion they got better.

The search function is bad here. I gave up and use google. Google usually points me to a thread in this forum.