1.    #1  
    Hi there -

Just switched to a new Pre. Rewrote the saved package list, did a Save/Restore and saved it all to my hard drive. Copied it all over to the new Pre (did this previously and it worked great). Started Preware, closed it out, did Save Restore and it will not restore the old saved package list.

In Save Restore I'm getting the following:

/var/svr/org.webosinternals.savestore/org/webostinerals.preware:
    /var/svr/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases: line 72:
    /media/cryptogs/apps/use/bin/unzip: not found
    /media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinterals.preware/20100928T154109-0400/packagedb. not found

Am I doing something wrong here? Please help--Don't want to install everything AGAIN.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    P.S. I have multiple backup images of the Pre--one from today, one from a few days ago--on my PC. Tried again with the data from the older backup and got the same. I think I'm messing something up. Thanks!
    try restoring the items on the saved list one at a time until you have the most important ones.

some patches don't work as well with automated restore, and some items aren't actually delivered by preware (like the iphone spoof).

see if you can restore some individually. Start wth the mixes, and restart the phone every time it tells you to.
  4.    #4  
    Actually, NOTHING is restoring.... Any ideas here? Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Figured out out--Installed it from WebOSQI and Zip/Unzip were missing. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Actually, NOTHING is restoring.... Any ideas here? Thanks.
    If it won't even work after trying to restore each individually, then you might consider just re-adding them back from preware. There is a simply and faster way of installing patches > just install each patch and continue pressing later, until you have all desired patches.. then do a luna restart.

Best regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Figured out out--Installed it from WebOSQI and Zip/Unzip were missing. Doh!
    :smile > Great. The missing tools. :-D

cheers..
    If you have Internalz, Save/Restore should be able to pull the data from there. Remove the Save/Restore that you have backed up on your computer and start all over. Remember you must put your phone into Dev mode. Reinstall Preware the nomal way with webOSQI or the stand alone installer. Then reinstall Save/Restore and Internalz using Preware. Reboot and open Save/Restore and restore Internalz and Preware. You should then be able to open Preware and go to your Saved Package List and recover everything from there.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Glad you found it Mike. When you install save/restore from WosQI it doesn't automatically install zip and unzip. If however you install it from Preware it installs the dependent zip/unzip apps.
    i just had this same problem and same solution.

might be a good idea for the save/restore dev to add a check for zip/unzip and make it pop up a message if it doesn't detect both of them. i'm not a developer but it doesn't sound like that hard a thing to do.