Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    pastorrich1, I believe you are right about my radios being the main power issue.

I keep my WiFi off unless in use , in which case the power draw is minimal.

I keep BT off unless in use, in which case the power draw seems to vary greatly. More recently, it's been less of a drain when using a headset.

The phone and data are the real issues. Until recently, I had relatively regular and strong signal for both. But, about the time Sprint really started rolling out the 4G phones, the 3G service started spending much more time flipping back and forth to 1XRT, and my voice service would go from 5 bars to 0 bars and everywhere in between, with me standing still. I've also experienced a lot of dropped calls, roaming and dead spots where there didn't used to be any. So, whatever they are messing with, my service has suffered for it. Prior to this, I swear I could power use for 14-16 hours, on one charge, and still have 20-40% left. But, not anymore.

I have taken to charging wherever possible, running an extended battery (not MUCH help) and carrying at least a couple extra batteries with me. Realistically, go through 2-3 batteries in a day, burning as much as 19% per hour, if I don't charge constantly. Which is why I am trying to find MY Pre's Holy Grail setting(s).

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  2.    #22  
    Still curious about this, so I am reviving my own thread... is anyone doing CPU scaling using conservative, on demand or performance options, or is everyone just going fixed or screenstate?

I am getting some pretty good performance to battery life right now for 125/1GHZ On Demand. I tried the conservative setting and it was too laggy. But, with On Demand, it jumps from 125MHZ (or idle, because you can't really tell when it's idling, can you?) up to 1GHZ and back down the freq scale, as needed, pretty fast.

I've also been reducing my Core Voltages and have found that I can run passably, at the recommended (reduced) levels with fixed or screenstate settings. BUT, CPU scaling requires that I go 25-50 above the recommended (reduced) settings in order to scale fast enough.

I would love to put together a Poll asking about what CPU Scaling or Overclocking solution (or both) people are using. Any suggestions as to the categories?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12