Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Well I have my Pre overclocked to 1 GHz/500MHz screenstate, which might seem high, and it is, but it doesn't get warm. I probably couldn't get through 12+ hours of battery life though.

Anyway, I don't think it's at all related to the OC, but when I hit the power button to turn the screen off, as I do every time I set my phone down, the screen comes back on about 5 seconds later, as if I've hit the button again. Also, whenever I'm cleaning it with the screen off, the screen will come back on, even though I'm not touching the power button/opening the slider.

What's up with that?
    Delete te kernel you have and experiment with the stock kernel to see if issues presist.
    Quote Originally Posted by lqcorsa View Post
    Well I have my Pre overclocked to 1 GHz/500MHz screenstate, which might seem high, and it is, but it doesn't get warm. I probably couldn't get through 12+ hours of battery life though.

Anyway, I don't think it's at all related to the OC, but when I hit the power button to turn the screen off, as I do every time I set my phone down, the screen comes back on about 5 seconds later, as if I've hit the button again. Also, whenever I'm cleaning it with the screen off, the screen will come back on, even though I'm not touching the power button/opening the slider.

What's up with that?
    I'm using the same settings as you. However, I've never experience that kind of sensitivity. Try the uberkenal 1ghz and see if problem persist.
    I would try what jason black suggested. Go back to stock and see if the kernel is the problem.
    anyone point me to where i can get a step by step on trimmin down my overclocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by frepar View Post
    anyone point me to where i can get a step by step on trimmin down my overclocking?
    What do you mean by trimming down your overclocking?
    If you want to stop overclocking, just use the stock kernel which you can find on Preware.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yeah the uberkernal is what I was using. I guess I'll have to go back to the default clocks and go through the long...painful Pre reboot a few times until I get it working
    Funny, mine started doing the same thing the other day. Along with geting stuck in headet mode and my mute rocker acting up.
    A qtip with alcohol and some compressed air SEEMS to have done the trick.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    actually, this could be related to the headset mode issue. My phone was recently getting stuck in headphone mode, and I noticed that occasionally, when just sitting there, the screen would come on, even though I hadn't done anything. it would also do it sometimes if i tapped or moved the phone.

The screen comes on when you plug in headphones normally, so if the phone thinks you are plugging in heapdhones, it will turn the screen on.

I tried cleaning it several times, but it was only a temporary solution. I took my phone to a sprint store, and they said they replaced the headset jack. I haven't had the issue since.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS