1.    #1  
    Well, title says it.

Im in Dev mode
    have the most recent Java installed
    Im in just charge mode (I also have a problem where it doesnt allow me the option for usb, it just runs straight to charging)
    I just installed the sprint drivers from the sprint website
    I have tried switching usb ports

Please help me
    using a palm usb cable?

disconnect hour phone and reset it. Don't plug it in to the computer until the phone has been completely started.

post back your results.
    I am going to ask the obvious first. Is the Pre hooked to the computer or the wall outlet? Next there is a patch that does that are you sure that isn't installed? Quick usb and Just charge by default. Are you in diag mode by mistake? This happened one time when I was tweaking gps and let in diag for two days by mistake but I couldn't get the usb mode at all.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    using a palm usb cable?

disconnect hour phone and reset it. Don't plug it in to the computer until the phone has been completely started.

post back your results.
    yep using palm cable, I will try that and will post when ready
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am going to ask the obvious first. Is the Pre hooked to the computer or the wall outlet? Next there is a patch that does that are you sure that isn't installed? Quick usb and Just charge by default. Are you in diag mode by mistake? This happened one time when I was tweaking gps and let in diag for two days by mistake but I couldn't get the usb mode at all.
    Diag mode?
    Diag mode is something you have to intentionally enable. The usb passthrough patch allows you to see if you are in diag mode, all four ports should be set to none.
    Try rebooting your desktop. I have found that if I do a restart on my phone while it's plugged into my PC, I can't get into USB mode, not sure why, but more often than not that's the case. I've found that restarting the computer fixes that(for me).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    Ok I checked the usb passthrough thing and all ports are set to none, I tried restarting my pre while disconnected from my laptop and restarted my laptop and still nothing. My phone still goes straight to just charge mode but is not found by webos quickinstall
    any patches installed that I mentioned above?
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Well, title says it.

Im in Dev mode
    have the most recent Java installed
    Im in just charge mode (I also have a problem where it doesnt allow me the option for usb, it just runs straight to charging)
    I just installed the sprint drivers from the sprint website
    I have tried switching usb ports

Please help me
    Try this: Enable webosQI then click Edit > Options > then click attempt novacom (re)-installation.

Regards,
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    any patches installed that I mentioned above?
    What patches did you mention, sorry your post was a little unorganized