Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    So here is my thing, Been with sprint since 2002 been with palm since treo 600. Looks like sprint will not be getting the pre plus nor the pre 2. I LOVE PALM BUT I LOVE SPRINT more, best plan hands down will not switch for anything. What should i do???? should i get an upgrade,,,or wait and see as my phone technology gets older every month?
  2. #2  
    buy the phone from wherever you can and then use the meta doctor so you can break it from the supplying carrier and use it where you wish.(I think it's the meta doctor, but there definately is a way).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. #3  
    Atleast wait till Feb of next year. i'll be waiting till March. And then, i'll just keep waiting...Then i'll evaluate the condition of my Pre at that time before i do anything drastic. Thats why i save all my calender and contacts on google. I mean, if my Pre is still in great condition, then im not going anywhere. Im not using my upgrade on any other phone unless its a phone thats running Webos. Any phone thats running webos will have be sold.
  4. #4  
    OP, I would at least wait until CES in January to see if any new webOS devices are announced. If you really want a new phone now though, you can always upgrade. There are currently some nice phones available for Sprint.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    So here is my thing, Been with sprint since 2002 been with palm since treo 600. Looks like sprint will not be getting the pre plus nor the pre 2. I LOVE PALM BUT I LOVE SPRINT more, best plan hands down will not switch for anything. What should i do???? should i get an upgrade,,,or wait and see as my phone technology gets older every month?
    I would suggest hold on to your upgrade.. it doesn't expire: Webos 2.0 will be here soon. We will have some new features to play with on our phones. Come next year you can decide on what's your next move. That's exactly what I'm doing.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I would suggest hold on to your upgrade.. it doesn't expire: Webos 2.0 will be here soon. We will have some new features to play with on our phones. Come next year you can decide on what's your next move. That's exactly what I'm doing.
    I guess you right,,,,, but im itching for something new,,,,,cuz for the love of palm i can hold on a little bit longer,,,but it has to have a bigger screen, front facing camera, thats all,,,,,lol
  7. #7  
    I say hold on until atleast CES, it seems like there is likely to be a large announcment happening there. And WebOS 2.0 is coming up soon, so you have something to look forward to.
  8. #8  
    I came from an HTC Touch running a hacked version of android, and now I'm using a Pre that I bought on ebay. They go for < $100 pretty frequently, if you're itching for something new, maybe consider a Pre or a Pixi as an "interim" device?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by summatusmentis View Post
    I came from an HTC Touch running a hacked version of android, and now I'm using a Pre that I bought on ebay. They go for < $100 pretty frequently, if you're itching for something new, maybe consider a Pre or a Pixi as an "interim" device?
    I have sprint so i have the 1st pre, im just saying with all the new pres thats out, i feel left out the game,,,,,and im itching to get back into it,,,,,im not going to leave sprint
  10. #10  
    sprint is the best and has been to me since 1999
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #11  
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sprint is the best and has been to me since 1999
    Sprint all day everyday
  13. #13  
    I tried Sprint. Did the 30 day moneyback guarantee with them. Three months after having cancelled with them on the 2nd day due to no service in my house or surrounding area, I get hit with a letter stating that they have referred me to a debt collector. So, outraged, I gave them a call and demanded a reason. They said that I entered the contract the day before the promotion began. I looked at the start date of my Verizon account, which was a week into the promotion they had going on and accused them of trying to charge me wrongfully. I mentioned filing a complaint and the lady got a very snippy attitude with me asking who I would file with who could do anything about it. As soon as I mentioned the FCC they bowed down on their knees and pleaded with me to not do so and they would do anything they could to make this right. Yeah, didn't have to pay. Watch out with their misleading advertisements, and lying about when you started your contract with them!

    ^that is my experience with Sprint. But you know what? Even with the horrible customer service I had to deal with for 2 days and the issue with them knocking my credit score down... if they actually expand their network to include... well, pretty much my entire city, I might give them another shot. That's how much I liked the plan. But until then, Verizon's service may be 20 bucks more a month, but I have full signal everywhere I go and no problems trying to make a call. Definitely worth it to me for now.

    As for your question, I will have to agree with almost everyone else here. Wait until CES and see what is announced. If it isn't to your liking, if you feel you must move on, then do so. Who knows, maybe just in time for your future upgrade they will have the phone you always wanted.
    Last edited by mallend; 10/24/2010 at 07:49 PM.
  14. #14  
    I'd say that if you dont want to leave sprint and dont want to go through a mess of getting a pre2 unlocking it etc... try out android, maybe get an epic. Android really isnt as bad as everyone here says and the hardware makes up for most of it. If it were me, I would go epic
  15. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    So here is my thing, Been with sprint since 2002 been with palm since treo 600. Looks like sprint will not be getting the pre plus nor the pre 2. I LOVE PALM BUT I LOVE SPRINT more, best plan hands down will not switch for anything. What should i do???? should i get an upgrade,,,or wait and see as my phone technology gets older every month?
    I love my pre as well, but I'm not waiting. The epic and evo both have the two things you mentioned in one of your other posts. If your apposed to android, you need to stay with your pre. Sprint has nothing really better.

    My reasoning for getting the epic now is, the sooner I get it the sooner I can come back. Instead of waiting for perhaps months just to find out sprint won't be getting any hp webOS phone or just some older model. I'd rather not set myself up for disappointment. Maybe wait for ces if you can, I can't because I'm afraid I'll just be waiting to see what phone the rest of the world will get and sprint won't.

    Remember Rahul Sood said, they would have a phone that would make the defectors want to come back, but it takes time. I think he was referring mainly to sprint customers. Because he already knew they won't be getting a new webOS phone for some time. Just my 1, we'll see how it all plays out.
    Last edited by bdog421; 10/24/2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Rahul not Raul
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I love my pre as well, but I'm not waiting. The epic and evo both have the two things you mentioned in one of your other posts. If your apposed to android, you need to stay with your pre. Sprint has nothing really better.

    My reasoning for getting the epic now is, the sooner I get it the sooner I can come back. Instead of waiting for perhaps months just to find out sprint won't be getting any hp webOS phone or just some older model. I'd rather not set myself up for disappointment. Maybe wait for ces if you can, I can't because I'm afraid I'll just be waiting to see what phone the rest of the world will get and sprint won't.

    Remember Rahul Sood said, they would have a phone that would make the defectors want to come back, but it takes time. I think he was referring mainly to sprint customers. Because he already knew they won't be getting a new webOS phone for some time. Just my 1, we'll see how it all plays out.




    it makes sense, cuz i was saying to all my boys who has the iphone just wait for the pre 2,,,,,,,lets just say i heard alot of mouth and i couldnt say a word back
  17. #17  
    I'm holding onto my upgrade. Unless my girlfriend decides she needs a new phone sometime soon. =/ But I'll try to hold out as long as possible!
  18. #18  
    If you are tired of your Pre or just want to play and wait without using upgrade, go on Craig's List and buy a used Android phone to play with.
    Activating a "customer owned" phone does not affect your contract date,
    upgrade, etc.

    Loved my Pre, always loved Palm, bought stock (and got burnt), but felt
    left out and unloved after that. I now have the Epic, and it is hands down
    such an improvement. Now Palm must blow me away before I come back.
    Fast (I had mine overclocked), useful, useful apps, and the best camera
    I have seen (outdoes my Olympus).

    The fun thing was my nephew got a new IPhone last night and wanted me
    to help him with it. The Epic was faster, more options, better pics, and
    that was just getting started . . . has really eliminated my need for that
    phone.

    But now, I can stay with Android or go back, will see what the choices are.
  19. #19  
    I'm fond of Sprint's customer service... not always fond of my reception. Willing to admit this could be my phone's issue, though. Past ohones got much better reception.
  20.    #20  
    ok so i made my mind i will wait, cuz of THIS (Foxconn and Compal contracted for 5-6 Palm) sounds very promising

Posting Permissions