1.    #1  
    Alright people of precentral forums, time to see if I have exhausted every option! Issue: My Touchstone is not charging my Sprint Palm Pre.

To try to resolve the issue I have:
    1. Searched Precentral and Palm forums for solutions
    2. Reboot phone NOT LUNA restart
    3. webOS Doctor phone for fresh start
    4. Use original palm charger and USB cable
    5. check usb cable for tight connections to charger and touchstone
    6. While Pre is on touchstone press down firmly to see if it is a contact issue
    7. Bought a brand new touchstone and touchstone back
    8. tried sticking masking tape over touchstone from my forum search
    9. chatted online and over phone with Palm support
    10. Received replacement pre...still not working

Of course when I first bought my touchstone 10 months ago I never had to do all of this, just plop the Pre on it and boom! I was in business.
    Is there anything that I haven't tried that might get me back in business? I appreciate your help. --Nick
    look inside where u plug cord into ts,,,sometimes the little prong bends down,,and although it seems like yr cord is pluged in,,,its not.,,,this has happen to me. if this is the case,,get a very thin knife and with the tip,gently put prong back centered. then plug in and try again.
    replace the cable . it might have just one strand broken inside but still let you connect to computer but not the touchstone. there is one instance of this being the problem that i know of.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it sounds like he only thing you didn't swap in the wall charger and the cable, so perhaps one of those has failed.

do they work when plugged directly in to the phone?

sprint should give you a replacement cable if you don't have another one hand.
  5.    #5  
    Great suggestions, I have swapped out the cable for another original and still have issues. I have no problems charging the phone via usb with both cables.

zmann: I have seen that as a possible solution. I'm waiting to do that last because I'm a little heavy handed and that sounds like I might break the prongs pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there are two power channels in the cable, so if one is broken there won't be the power expected by the touchstone, so start with that.
    yes i just said the same thing but in a different way lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhoward View Post
    Great suggestions, I have swapped out the cable for another original and still have issues. I have no problems charging the phone via usb with both cables.

zmann: I have seen that as a possible solution. I'm waiting to do that last because I'm a little heavy handed and that sounds like I might break the prongs pretty easily.
    you could try bringing the touchstone back to the sprint store and see if they will replace it free ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i dont blame you,,at the very least,,look in with a flash light and you can see if this is the issue without even touching it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes i just said the same thing but in a different way lol
    oops, I rushed to answer!
    oh its fine just thought it was funny lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #11  
    Let me also add that the phone says it's charging. I have the little lightning bolt next to the battery icon and everything. Also when the touchstone diagnostic test is run under "Device info" it says it is charging, however, watching the percentage indicator shows that it steadily loses charge.
    if the touchstone isn't getting a full 100 mA is won't work. Did you swap the wall adapter?

the usb port from your pc is only 500 mA.
  13.    #13  
    Shadavis 08, I bought the touchstone from Bestbuy cause they had the best deal at the time! However, I did buy a brand new touchstone and new palm pre back from Verizon two days ago and still had issues.