1.    #1  
    So it does this out of nowhere and then you are unable to press volume up at all, So you are stuck at Zero for like 10 minutes until it some how goes away and then comes back again every single time.

Anyone else?
    is this happening when you open the slider? because sometimes my volume keys get stuck between the oreo and are pressed down when i open the slider. if not i have no idea but there is an app in preware where you adjust the volume. i think it's called speakerphone
  3.    #3  
    Yes when she opens the slider i think that's what is triggering it
    my bet is you are using one of the patches that silences alerts during calls. Is that the case?
  5.    #7  
    Yes I have patched the hell out of her pre. lol.
  6.    #8  
    I will remove patch when she gets home. I'll let you know if that was it. Thanks
    There is a problem and it does not have to do with stuck keys.

Most of us that encounter the problem, use a variety of ways to overcome the issue.

I had used Xorg Tools (not longer supported) to turn the volume back to 100% every hour.

Now you can use Mode Switcher for that.

I'm not sure at this point, if anyone has figured out why it's happening, but it's definitely not a stuck key.

But you should do one of the recommended steps just in case, it has to do with removing the volume buttons and cleaning the contacts because of dirt build up.

There is a thread that explains how to do it.

I'm not able to post a link at this time.

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    So it does this out of nowhere and then you are unable to press volume up at all, So you are stuck at Zero for like 10 minutes until it some how goes away and then comes back again every single time.

Anyone else?
    My moms phone was doing this. I reset it and did all sort of things to try finding out what was causing this. Finally took it to a store, they saw it happen and replaced it on the spot. It was a hardware problem as far as sprint could see and so they gave her a new one. Take it into the store if you have the insurance or are within a year.
    I believe it is the no alerts during call patch , it turns down the volume during a call and forgets to turn it back up when done . this patch is corrupt and no one seems to be able to fix it properly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've found that the patch works properly if I don't touch call volume during the call. If I do, it seems to just go to zero when the phone app closes as if changing the volume restarts the script.

I just am now in the habit of checking the volume after every call.

it's worth it to not have notifications ringing in the call and haveing the other person say 'what was that'? Editorial, what the heck was palm thinking to not automatically silence alerts during a call... Geesh!
    i just wish someone would fix it to work like it should !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #14  
    I have cleaned it, Takin the Pre a part, I did a doctor so I'm running no patches at all, So i'm totally clueless,

I can not return the phone since I bought it off contract not with Bell. I don't like being tired down to one carrier.
    it sounds like it may have a volume button sticking . That's all I could think of ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη